Engine cover fitments

cuprablue

Nov 12, 2006
One of the fittings that hold the engine cover on to the engine has broken. Anyone have any idea where I could get a replacement? It's flapping about in the wind now (well not literally obviously !).

cuprablue

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
tried a SEAT dealer???

The screw part is easy to get from the dealer, but if its the bit on the underside of the cover that the screw erm, screws into, then its a different matter. I need the later, went to SEAT today but couldnt find the part number.

cuprablue

Nov 12, 2006
tried a SEAT dealer???

The screw part is easy to get from the dealer, but if its the bit on the underside of the cover that the screw erm, screws into, then its a different matter. I need the later, went to SEAT today but couldnt find the part number.

No not yet, was just curious if they were obtainable on the net somewhere.

Well it was just the screw bit but while i was taking it off the cover to swap them around to make the cover fit more securely I managed to drop the bit on the underside in to the engine bay somewhere :redface: (think it might have gone in to the hole where the bonnet latch is).

cuprablue

tompotts

Touch me in the morning!
Mar 17, 2007
Pabs, I dont suppose you managed to get the part number out of the dealer did you? cheers

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members