Gas struts for bonnet

Cupra306Form

Sep 24, 2023
Hi, Just fitted a pair of gas lift struts for the bonnet. Got em from Ali Express

£26.55 inc delivery.

Came with the fixings, just needed a spray of grease on all fastenings. The car is already drilled and a tapped thread ready for them, but the hole is covered with a small black rubberised sticker. You simply unbolt the colour painted upper fastening bolt on the bonnet and insert the supplied ball joint bracket, then re-attach for the top fixing. (12mm nut)

The lower fastening as I said, remove the sticker, put fastening in and tighten - lower nut 10mm, upper is 12mm. Snap on gas struts and test.

On the link someone has posted pics of the job done if you want to see result.

I wish I'd gone for the red to match car colour, but then again how often is the bonnet open!!

Reactions: Tripletrouble

Delanor

Aug 9, 2022
Hi, Just fitted a pair of gas lift struts for the bonnet. Got em from Ali Express

£26.55 inc delivery.

Came with the fixings, just needed a spray of grease on all fastenings. The car is already drilled and a tapped thread ready for them, but the hole is covered with a small black rubberised sticker. You simply unbolt the colour painted upper fastening bolt on the bonnet and insert the supplied ball joint bracket, then re-attach for the top fixing. (12mm nut)

The lower fastening as I said, remove the sticker, put fastening in and tighten - lower nut 10mm, upper is 12mm. Snap on gas struts and test.

On the link someone has posted pics of the job done if you want to see result.

I wish I'd gone for the red to match car colour, but then again how often is the bonnet open!!
You can get them from Amazon as well with next day delivery but at £39.