need to active speed limiter

Tell

Staff member
Hmmm I'd be careful when I was looking at this a few years back people programmed speed limiters with VCDS and it became a permanent change, no going back. If you are not talking about coding could be this:

It's a facility I don't use on my Ateca. Think it's the upper limit of ACC so you dont lock onto a speeding car and also speed. Going to be in the manual, the button fumbling adjustments of ACC.

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021
Doesn't ACC use the third stalk - which is much, much easier to use than the daft VW style switches shown in the video you linked to. Audi even use the third stalk for "normal" CC, and I was often switching it on and off, but not with the SEAT switches. It's a real bugger that the only place I've found that does the CC to ACC conversion is East Yorkshire Retrofits. Will have to take my wife back to her childhood stomping ground for a holiday I guess!

Tell

Staff member
Personally I don't use ACC... had it activated and enjoyed dashing up behind cars on down hills into roundabout where I'd normally use engine braking but those in front were in convoy wearing their disks out and risking stone chips by following too close. I got use to spotting cars using ACC in outer London. All too close racing in convoy 🙄.

How it works is in the manual. Fumble with the switch. Indexed into the pages and on. It's all in there, the Ateca ACC control for the pre face lifted.

Another stalk other than the left and right indicator stalk... don't wander my hands down there... try not to. That leaver is the same as the one shown in the video 😉. I got that leaver. I seem to recall if you have lane assist it's reflected in the stalk. So there are two different styles of third stalk, Rings a bell. There use to be murmers about it on boards. Now its big buttons for traffic assist....

Those paddle on a DSG if you hit by accident on a round about the quick solution to get out of it is to grab the gear change, flick to sport and back out.

I'm a luddite with the boy racer tech as far as ACC is concerned, traffic assist and lane assist 😂. Got them, don't use them. Drive the car instead 🤣.

Last edited:
Reactions: martin j.
Nov 21, 2021
Hmmm I'd be careful when I was looking at this a few years back people programmed speed limiters with VCDS and it became a permanent change, no going back. If you are not talking about coding could be this:

It's a facility I don't use on my Ateca. Think it's the upper limit of ACC so you dont lock onto a speeding car and also speed. Going to be in the manual, the button fumbling adjustments of ACC.
this is dose not work as i have virtual dashboard and the button in the steering is not working

Nov 21, 2021
Personally I don't use ACC... had it activated and enjoyed dashing up behind cars on down hills into roundabout where I'd normally use engine braking but those in front were in convoy wearing their disks out and risking stone chips by following too close. I got use to spotting cars using ACC in outer London. All too close racing in convoy 🙄.

How it works is in the manual. Fumble with the switch. Indexed into the pages and on. It's all in there, the Ateca ACC control for the pre face lifted.

Another stalk other than the left and right indicator stalk... don't wander my hands down there... try not to. That leaver is the same as the one shown in the video 😉. I got that leaver. I seem to recall if you have lane assist it's reflected in the stalk. So there are two different styles of third stalk, Rings a bell. There use to be murmers about it on boards. Now its big buttons for traffic assist....

Those paddle on a DSG if you hit by accident on a round about the quick solution to get out of it is to grab the gear change, flick to sport and back out.

I'm a luddite with the boy racer tech as far as ACC is concerned, traffic assist and lane assist 😂. Got them, don't use them. Drive the car instead 🤣.
i just want to active it, some people told me it's required code belong to vin and some other people said it just coding and adaptation but no one give me clear answer how to do it

Tell

Staff member
i just want to active it, some people told me it's required code belong to vin and some other people said it just coding and adaptation but no one give me clear answer how to do it
Some VAG stuff goes beyond VCDS coding like the electric tailgate at the last check on the Ateca conversation on that one if it's not programmed into the car at build then it's not possible although perhaps if you rip enough out and pair it up with a car that has it, you might get it to work. Might be one of those.

Are you really saying that Tarracoes in Egypt don't come with ACC.

Nov 21, 2021
Some VAG stuff goes beyond VCDS coding like the electric tailgate at the last check on the Ateca conversation on that one if it's not programmed into the car at build then it's not possible although perhaps if you rip enough out and pair it up with a car that has it, you might get it to work. Might be one of those.

Are you really saying that Tarracoes in Egypt don't come with ACC.
unfortunately yes there is no tarraco in Egypt have ACC, just only cruise control

Tell

Staff member
(Ask even.... Will strange Android word suggestions one day.)

That means if they aren't hacked by whatever way hackers hack VAG stuff it's a paid license. VCDS stuff is essentially self contained configurable menu options putting SFD to one side where VAG can seak variations in how component common parts work. Configurable control systems under program control.... as some of us leant way back in the 70s 😉. SFD was a lock they put on that in 2020 on user configuration but has been relaxed for a price one guesses from VCDS / dongle providers to access.

Thanks @East Yorkshire Retrofits for clearing that one up.

Jul 29, 2021
i am also from egypt & interested in such function for Tarraco , please advise
saw someone activate it through SWAP code & OBD eleven , from where to get the SWAP code???

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.