OBD Modifications

scuj1

Mar 3, 2015
Edinburgh, Scotland
I'm pretty sure my old MK3 Facelift had the rear lights come on with the DRLs after its last service. So was obviously a software update done. Surprised they aren't on by default on the Mk4.

Jan 27, 2021
Well done.

View button on the car ?. Also was that a bonnet up mod. I think they all are with SFD now.
Hey again , a friend came to enable the cupra dash for his new Leon so I wanted to update that this is indeed a bonnet up mod.
With the bonnet closed it doesn't register

Sent from my RMX2170 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tell

adrian001

Apr 19, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I have been having a play with OBDeleven with my car (FR First Edition) and have managed to code some things and thought Id share what I have found and create a thread where people can share there findings for us all.

I have managed to code:
Cupra Display
Lane Assist Point Of Intervention (Have yet to test, but should keep the car more central rather then let it almost drift out of lane before kicking in)
Lane Assist Set To Last Setting
Lane Assist Warnings Turned Off

I know a lot of people find lane assist is already to sensitive (its already set to lowest from factory), so I might have found a solution to this too. So you can turn it off and it will remember this setting each time the car is turned on etc, so now you can make it sensitive for the motorway and only turn it on when you want it.

Cupra Display:
Module 17 (Dashboard) -> Long Coding -> View Activation -> Set All 16 Views to active -> Write To Car

View attachment 21580

Lane Assist Point Of Intervention:
Module A5 (Driver Assistance) -> Long Coding -> Point Of Intervention -> Set To Early -> Write To Car

Lane Assist Warnings:
Module A5 (Driver Assistance) -> Long Coding -> Lane Assist Off Text -> Set To Disabled -> Write To Car

View attachment 21581

Lane Assist Settings:
Module A5 (Driver Assistance) -> Long Coding -> Configuration For Lane Departure Warning K15 -> Set To Last Setting -> Write To Car

Let me know what you guys find :D
For the cupra dash you dont need to go into long coding just adaptations and select them all

Reactions: Tell

nb67

Jun 6, 2021
Being new to the OBDeleven game and the world of Seat/VAG's etc....after coming from Bimmercode on previous BMW's which was a doddle to use and cheap as chips in terms of the app and enet cable etc..., is there much point in buying the OBDeleven as we have a 2021 Leon Hybrid that has quite a few bits on it but lacking some essentials to me in terms of TSR, ACC and High beam assist.

By the sounds of it, quite a bit of the 2020+ models have quite a bit locked down making the above 3 tweeks I've mentioned, difficult to code if able to code at all.

We have lane assist which I believe is standard, bog standard cruise and auto lights, again, standard. Are the above tweeks able to be coded, if so, I'll fork out and buy the pro version, unless anybody can do this for me with payment in £££'s obviously.

Tell

Staff member
The lock down is due to change but there will be a payment structure off one form or another. Annual for the pro, the apps will cost more one can guess but then all coding provider companies are in the same boat. Current pro users prior to SFD it wont cost anything extra but one suspects not if you got a 2020 model. Time will tell what the pricing structure will be. VAG got greedy.

Reactions: nb67

nb67

Jun 6, 2021
The lock down is due to change but there will be a payment structure off one form or another. Annual for the pro, the apps will cost more one can guess but then all coding provider companies are in the same boat. Current pro users prior to SFD it wont cost anything extra but one suspects not if you got a 2020 model. Time will tell what the pricing structure will be. VAG got greedy.

Cheers Tell.
As I thought from reading on here and other similar coding forums.

Widil

Jul 5, 2021
So I finally made it , I was Long pressing the view button not the ok button dah
I feel stupid

b3aaf30aa069954532fcaae2bdd00151.jpg

Sent from my RMX2170 using Tapatalk
Hi,
I’m new here, got my obd11 today and I can’t get this view to work.
The adaptations worked, both got the successful message and per the history log, however I can’t get the dashboard to switch to this view.
I’ve tried just pressing the view button, long pressing it, pressing the ok button but nothing seems to work.
Could you be more elaborate on how you got it working ?
Thanks in advance

Widil

Jul 5, 2021
Hi,
I’m new here, got my obd11 today and I can’t get this view to work.
The adaptations worked, both got the successful message and per the history log, however I can’t get the dashboard to switch to this view.
I’ve tried just pressing the view button, long pressing it, pressing the ok button but nothing seems to work.
Could you be more elaborate on how you got it working ?
Thanks in advance
Well, I found the thread on the OBDeleven forum in which you asked how it worked.
like you, I had indeed missed that you had to open the menu on the first dashboard display by holding the ok button on car image.
All working now, thanks all.
I will try coding for the like-travel assist settings now

Reactions: tsofras
Jan 27, 2021
Well, I found the thread on the OBDeleven forum in which you asked how it worked.
like you, I had indeed missed that you had to open the menu on the first dashboard display by holding the ok button on car image.
All working now, thanks all.
I will try coding for the like-travel assist settings now
That was a little tricky hehe :D
Sorry for the late answer

Jul 9, 2021
I am new to OBDEleven and am about to purchase. The thing that makes it essential is the cursed Lane Assist on my March 2021 Leon - I think it is actively dangerous and I really need to get this to default to OFF at engine restart. Is this still possible please?
The other thing I am interested in is Drive Profile. The brochure page I relied on at purchase, showed that this was standard on the Xcellence trim and I liked that as I had had it on previous cars. (This was a brochure error for which Seat has compensated me financially). Does anyone know if it's possible to enable this? (Seat Leon Mk4 1.5TSi 150 Xcellence Estate)

SEAT Drive Profile:
/ Four different modes (Normal-Sport-Eco-Individual)
/ Steering response
/ Throttle response
/ Gear shifts mode (only DSG models)

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
I am new to OBDEleven and am about to purchase. The thing that makes it essential is the cursed Lane Assist on my March 2021 Leon - I think it is actively dangerous and I really need to get this to default to OFF at engine restart. Is this still possible please?
The other thing I am interested in is Drive Profile. The brochure page I relied on at purchase, showed that this was standard on the Xcellence trim and I liked that as I had had it on previous cars. (This was a brochure error for which Seat has compensated me financially). Does anyone know if it's possible to enable this? (Seat Leon Mk4 1.5TSi 150 Xcellence Estate)

SEAT Drive Profile:
/ Steering response
/ Throttle response

Most (if not all) of the coding you want to do isnt possible with OBDeleven due to SFD which is a new measure put in place by VAG group to restrict access to most modules. Most modules are locked down and to gain access to them you need dealer type software and access granted by VAG group (at a cost) which means most owners will not be able to do anything.

@East Yorkshire Retrofits may be able to tell you more on what you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sad
Reactions: juniperz

Tell

Staff member

SEAT Drive Profile:
/ Steering response
/ Throttle response
It's possible to turn off the persistence side of lane assist with the Obdeleven Pro on the 2020s. I said that early up... it's the "Perso_HC" parameter. Confirmed by someone with a Leon 4... I didn't imagine that, why Tommy is doing other things with lane assist since the A5 module is not locked down 😉. That means when you turn it off it stays off till you next turn it on yourself. That setting is something they activated on Tarracos ahead of 2020, isn't on my pre facelift Ateca. So yep you can do the things that Tommy has above or just turn lane assist off. I never use mine. The only good thing about it is TSR 🤣.

Will pass on the drivers profiles question. See the list of control units locked down by SFD I posted early. What you do is find the published mod, see which control units are used and if they hit one of the locked down ones by SFD then it's not possible.....

But then anything might be possible once Obdeleven complete testing of SFD API with Vag but it will cost you. They say 4th quarter this year to support SFD. There might well be areas you can't mod. In preparation for this Obdeleven have put the Pro option on an annual license for newcowners. You have to read their advert for costs. Existing users prior to this get lifetime free license on the Pro.

How Obdeleven will operate with SFD modules in the future is unchartered waters. But non SFD modules business as usual except new customers must cough up for the annual Pro license.

Reactions: juniperz

HarryJ

Feb 27, 2021
Ahh totally gutted to hear the pro plan has become a yearly subscription! I was holding out buying one till later in the year when they had cracked SFD.

Oh well serves me right for being cheap 😂

Zoidberg

Apr 20, 2021
Denmark
Does anyone know if traffic jam assist still requires flashing of the camera parameters, like it does on the older models? Seems like this is the feature that makes lane assist available below 40 mph.

Tell

Staff member
Does anyone know if traffic jam assist still requires flashing of the camera parameters, like it does on the older models? Seems like this is the feature that makes lane assist available below 40 mph.
I'm sure it wouldn't have changed too much but you need to go across a range of control units I reckon you will hit locked down units if you haven't got... without looking at the spec expected they all have lane assist 😂. Infotainment unit being one which enables control over it.

Traffic jam assist is the one that requires a DSG... railroaded into answering the same question about enabling TSR... this one about TJA.

There is an Obdeleven post:

I see they flash the a5 unit. Not sure what that is about. That could be one of the things that is locked down or rolled out after the model they are talking about. Then they are changing parameters in two other control units.

The other parameters I can find in my factory fitted TJA Ateca 2016 which tally. My A5 parameters maybe of use.

You would have to experiment to see whether you can a. Change the parameters and save, b. Whether it works.

You need somelse's similar screen shots who has TJA on an Leon 4 to compare. It does require Lane Assist obviously and you might hit a locked down unit when you come to save parameters. Bonnet up.

Can't say I have used it much. Once in a traffic jam in Germany.

Screenshot_20210715-112605.png Screenshot_20210715-112618.png Screenshot_20210715-112630.png Screenshot_20210715-112643.png

Screenshot_20210715-110951.png Screenshot_20210715-111259.png

Last edited:

Zoidberg

Apr 20, 2021
Denmark
Thanks for the reply.

I figured it wouldn't be a straight forward coding job, as I've already hit the SFD wall a few times. I had a look around the different control modules and haven't found a lot of overlap with other models, so if someone with a MK4 Leon with the XL package and OBD11 could share some screenshots of their parameters, that would be a great help :D

At the moment I'm just playing around to see what is possible, but I think I'm reaching the limits of the OBD11 very soon, so may have to include my local retrofitters if I want to go any further.

Apr 26, 2021
Ancona
Has anyone managed to turn on anything like blind spot detection , adaptive cruise control, traffic sign recognition or high beam assistant?
Changing rear-view mirror buying one with one more connector can I connect it activating blind spot detection through OBD?

Zoidberg

Apr 20, 2021
Denmark
Changing rear-view mirror buying one with one more connector can I connect it activating blind spot detection through OBD?
I'm pretty sure that the rear-view mirror (and wing mirrors for that matter) has nothing to do with blind spot detection in the new Leon, you need the wrap-around ambient light and rear parking sensors. The wrap around lights cannot be retrofitted, so if you don't have those, I think you are out of luck.

Tell

Staff member
I'm pretty sure that the rear-view mirror (and wing mirrors for that matter) has nothing to do with blind spot detection in the new Leon, you need the wrap-around ambient light and rear parking sensors. The wrap around lights cannot be retrofitted, so if you don't have those, I think you are out of luck.
Well the rear radar as well rather than ultrasound.

Zoidberg

Apr 20, 2021
Denmark
Well, I'm happy to prove myself wrong, Travel Assist can indeed be coded with OBD11, if you have the necessary hardware. I picked up a new steering wheel with the TA button from a seller on eBay and after fitting it (which was a bit of a PITA), the coding part was surprisingly easy. I picked up a few clues on various forums, but was still surprised to pretty much nail it first try. I now have a fully working TA, including lane assist below 40mph and the extended assistant view with multi-lane traffic and road curves :D

Even with the capacitive steering wheel, I still get the "takeover steering" warning once in a while, but it's definitely not as often as before.

ta4.jpg
ta5.jpg

So the key piece of hardware for this to work is the capacitive steering wheel, without that you're getting nowhere. I'm not really sure what else is required, my car came with DSG, front assist, side assist and park assist from the factory and I'm assuming that at least front assist and maybe DSG is required for the full experience.

So for everyone else who might be interested, here are my settings:

Control unit 13, Adaptive cruise control:

ta3.png

Control unit A5, Driver assistance:

ta1.png
ta2.png

Last edited: