How many miles per full tank?

PhilOfCas

Nov 2, 2006
The capital of Yorkshire
Must admit i'm tickling mine at the moment and getting over 500 between fill ups, the fuel bill is starting to get on my t*ts now, would rather spend it on other things. All being well we'll all be posting higher figures come summer, need to at current £/ltr :censored: :censored:

GTV

Veggie powered TDi's
Feb 16, 2008
Cambridgeshire
Must admit i'm tickling mine at the moment and getting over 500 between fill ups, the fuel bill is starting to get on my t*ts now, would rather spend it on other things. All being well we'll all be posting higher figures come summer, need to at current £/ltr :censored: :censored:

tell me about it thats why I think I might go over to veggie oil.

GTV

Veggie powered TDi's
Feb 16, 2008
Cambridgeshire
I have a non PD engine so it will run on it with no problems, also my father-in-law owns a cafe so I can get it for 43p a litre ;)

jaz205gti

Jan 1, 2009
iv got a torledo tdi 110 bhp if a drive like a granny i get around 600 ( motoway) and easy 500 driving around town ? im thinking of the p torque remap will it decrease my avrage

whitz end

My mk 1 leon fr150 is totally standard, fully serviced and the last time i had it on a computer there were no faults standing. If i fill the tank up with the expensive diesel ...(£1.02 per litre, i think its called total excellium??) i will get 600 miles minimum from the fuel before a refill. the best average mpg i can recall from the car display was about 54 mpg but on a average tank full its around 48. I certainly dont hammer the round bits of the car but not much gets past on a good road.
whitz end

sssstew

Editing your spelling
iv got a torledo tdi 110 bhp if a drive like a granny i get around 600 ( motoway) and easy 500 driving around town ? im thinking of the p torque remap will it decrease my avrage

Depends how your drive, if because of the remap you drive harder then more will be used, if you drive the same and use the extra torque well then it will save you some.

My mk 1 leon fr150 is totally standard, fully serviced and the last time i had it on a computer there were no faults standing. If i fill the tank up with the expensive diesel ...(£1.02 per litre, i think its called total excellium??) i will get 600 miles minimum from the fuel before a refill. the best average mpg i can recall from the car display was about 54 mpg but on a average tank full its around 48. I certainly dont hammer the round bits of the car but not much gets past on a good road.
whitz end

Sounds about right.

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
I've set one of those MPG calculators up now, see my sig.

As I thought, not taking into account the dashboard MPG readings and working everything out by calculating odometer/litres used my MPG is really crummy for a Diesel.

I've only filled up 3 times since using this MPG calculator, all my figures are very consisntant, just very cr@p consistant figures.

When I logged my MAF/Boost the other day I have been advised that all the readings are spot on for a healthy mapped system, so I've changed my mind on buying a new MAF to see if that improves my MPG.

I know exactly when my MPG took a plunge, it was straight after a mod I had done. Others have had the same mod done and no MPG difference - all I can think of is reversing this mod to see if anything improves, maybe it wasnt the mod itself, maybe the garage knocked or split something at the same time - time will tell.

Last edited:

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
35.1 mpg :headhurt:

Still getting an average of 45mpg in these cold conditions and with a crap commute to work.

Must be lucky.

And jaz205GTI, if you're thinking about a remap under normal driving conditions you should see a couple more mpg (I did). However as sssstew says a heavy right foot will crucify consumption (low to mid thirties).

It was the best thing I did (wished I'd done it earlier) and was the first thing I did to the Peugeot when I picked it up this summer (within a fortnight).

leon_81

Sep 11, 2008
i have a standard leon cupra tdi and the best i have has is 490 miles for a full tank (410 of which was a single return motorway journey - so constant speed) the trip told me that was an average of abouot 47 i think which didn't seem that fantastic for a diesel (first i've owned though)

around town doing short journeys, i don't even seem to be able to get up to 40mpg - i'd have hoped for more

i've not seen the engine mgt light come on since i got the car in sept last year, but could it be worth me getting it plugged in to check for faults anyway?

Fergal84

Aug 23, 2007
Was getting about 40mpg over xmas, but was never driving anywhere over 15 miles away, mostly about 3-4. Now i'm back to work, its gone back up to about 45-47 mpg which is alright :)

After i had me piper exhaust fitted i noticed to mpg went down, but i think that just coincided with the cold weather kicking in. Just need to get a remap now :)

BenO

Mar 9, 2008
East Yorkshire
I too had the Piper exhaust fitted and i now have more of an extreme difference in MPG between careful and more spirited driving.
I tried that technique of putting the power down then cruising then power then cruise etc. and it actually worked over the space of a week to give a suprising gain in mpg. East yorkshire is flat though and it did do my head in after a week.

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
What was the mod Chris?
Glynn

Cheap exhaust mod, but like I've said plenty others have had it doen with no hit on MPG - so i'm clueless, but my MPG difference happened on my way home from the backbox chopped out.

Now unless they have damaged some other part of the exhaust system by banging it with a hammer or whatever I don't know.

All I can think of is the reduced backpressure is making my turbo work harder at low revs, and as I don't do constant speed journeys to/from work maybe the turbo is spinning faster than what it needs to in stop/start traffic.

Just got a instict feeling that with another backbox on I will see MPG figures like I used to get.

BenO

Mar 9, 2008
East Yorkshire
I don't really understand the backpressure issue, mine is basically a piece of 2.5" pipe turbo backwards and i havnt seen the hit in mpg. Could the ecu have become confused and not 'learnt' how to cope with the new set up? Cat damaged / blocked and making turbo less efficient? Maybe you could mock up a muffler out of steel wool or something add a bit back pressure. Like you say maybe the type of driving suits the turbo in different ways without the box...hmmm.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.