MK2 Ibiza 2.0 8v GTI White

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
And now the remote locking is fixed also :D

A **** load of WD40 and a very forceful reprogramming session, something tells me i'm not going to get away from all the little clitches that i had hoped too.................. gives it character anyway ;)

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Full Detail

Right today i cracked on with a full going over of the car as the weather is overcast but not raining, perfect working weather.

Took it down the local jetwash and bought 15 mins of time to get the underneath cleaned down and waxed, followed by the rest of the car. Not having an outside tap yet is a pain in the bum! Not too much came out to be honest, got my hands up behind the arch liners and hardly anything there, shows how little milage its done and how living down south has helped.

Once i got it home i leathered it off and went to work with a bottle of t-cut and a mechanical polisher to get all the ingrained dirt out, forgot how bad white was for this it was quite an effort! After t-cutting i moved on to Supagard paint protection, i treated the cordoba with this and it worked well so did the same again. I treated all the paint i could see including inside the doors etc and polished it in again with the polisher. I finally got some Autoglym wax to finish off and get a good shine.

Heres how it looks now:

DSC003633.jpg

DSC003611.jpg

DSC003622.jpg

Also added smoked side repeaters and they are a 100% improvement over orange.

There are a few little areas that need attention, this is the first where it was bumped by the last owner (before the parking sensors).

DSC00366.jpg

The paints cracked and theres a slight dent, thinking of sticking a new bumper on and getting rid of parking sensors as they are rubber fronted and would be hard to paint.

The second problem is the wheels they are a bit ropey, but i'm going to need another set before i can work my magic, so anyone with 5 spokes going cheap..... ;)

DSC00365.jpg

Inside the mats were very dirty so i used a controvertial (with the mrs) method of cleaning and stuck them the washer! 40mins later after 30 degrees, vanish oxi action and a load of soap powder they are mint again!

DSC00370.jpg

DSC00371.jpg

Finally i did all the plastics and rubber with autoglym again and its looking on the whole GREAT!

DSC003644.jpg

DSC00369.jpg

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
looking good mate, ive got a cheap set of wheels for sale which i ran whilst refurbing, there cheap and in forsale section...

got a nice shine to that mate, lovely job

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
looks nice mate,hard to get a good shine/refection on white paint but you have don a very good job!

May 13, 2007
very nice mate like it in white
quality cupras are getting hard to find nowadays
you seem to have a good un

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Bit oif a bump

Thought i'd update - Unfortunately the car has been involved in a minor accident, the details i won't go into in this thread as there is another all about it. Here is the damage:

DSC00417.jpg

Not too terrible really all she needs is a new wing and a little paint, i've now replaced the indicator and hopefully just after Xmas she will be back together and in full glory. Thankfully the wing that bore the brunt was already damaged from the previous owner, so its just pushed forward the time scale on getting it fixed.

The sad loss will be the Cupra Sport sticker on the wing, i however know a decent graphics shop near by and i'm going to take the old sticker in and get an exact copy made up.

I'm also planning on refurbing the wheels over the Xmas hols as well as respraying the bonnet on the MK3, so if i come on talking utter rubbish it'll be the paint fumes talking.

Finally i thought i would miss the screaming 16v slightly but after 4 months of owning her and learning to drive 8v style again she is no slower and more economical in daily use.

It'll be sad when next July she will be moving on (hopefully not too far away), but i said i'd stick with my plan of only keeping cars for a year and with petrol prices sensible-ish i'd like something with a few more cylinders before the world runs out of oil and i spend the rest of my days listening to an electric modor!

Dec 17, 2006
Bristol
Nice car, hopefully it won't take long to get the wing replaced and back to it's former glory :)

My wheels aren't great but I was able to find two new one's for sale here. So now I have two good ones and two bad ones (and two waiting for a trip to Santa Pod)

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
(and two waiting for a trip to Santa Pod)

I keep meaning to get down there and do a run in this, but just as i solve one financial problem i go and bugger a wing up :doh:

If the tyres come towards the end of their life in my ownership it'd be rude not to go and do a run or two.

When i do the alloys i'm nipping down the local scrappy for a set of 4 stud steelies to run on, so i could always see those out at the pod i guess before i go and cash them in ;)

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Minor update, christmas has allowed me to get together the left over money to repair the damage caused in the bump and a few little bits done that were left by the previous owner. Theres now a rear speaker upgrade too as the originals were shot, and its been re taxed.

Should be back in full glory by the end of February :D

big phill

big n proud
Feb 12, 2005
scunthorpe
nothing wrong with it infact better than when i first bought it just don't agree with each others driving stlyes ( the car and mine)