MK2 Ibiza 2.0 8v GTI White

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
!!!!!UPDATE!!!!!!

As many of you will know the car was up for sale, and it sold. I told the person who bought it i didn't want anything in the way of deposits until it came back from the body shop and they were happy with it. They insisted i took 10% to secure it so i did and wrote them out a full signed receipt saying if the car didn't meet with their standards when it came back from the body shop that the money would be returned in full.

The car was booked in to have the work done 6th april as this was best for me and the new owner in terms of collection. Last week i had a call from the new owner to say they were very sorry but due to circumstance they could no longer have the car, and as the car had been booked in for the work and for being straight with them i could keep the deposit for being messed around.

So now i have a car booked in to be made like new (i am going ahead no matter what) and a Brucie bonus towards paying for it all.

Bizzare doesn't even come close to describing it all!

So expect a very shiny revitalised Alpine White MK2 some time in april!

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
2 Weeks until she's in :D, spent most of yesterday dismantling the exterior clutch mechanism, cleaning it, wire brushing, lubing with copper grease (that stuffs **** hot) and putting it all back together its now lighter than the clutch on my company 08 Focus TDCI.

My interests thoroughly revitalised now, to come this year:

*remove rear arch liners, clean, hammerite and wax oyl.
*clean, hammerite (where needed) and wax oyl the underside
*possibly new wheels and definate refurb
*a few new interior parts to replace some tired ones
*full service
*MOT

If funds allow:
*White Ronal Multispokes
*New component speakers
*Tiger stripe black and red leather cupra interior :D

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Well its back as it was meant to be, bad shot i know but there will be a whole load of new shots coming very soon when she gets her new wheels and full detail.

DSCN0153.jpg

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Did a spot of rust proofing, as i've done another thread for this i'm not going to make a long post out of it.

DSCN0154.jpg

DSCN0158.jpg

DSCN0166.jpg

DSCN0177.jpg

DSCN0184.jpg

DSCN0191.jpg

Items Used:
*Electric Drill
*Wire Brush
*Sand Paper
*Socket Set
*Screw Driver
*Hammerite Anti Rust
*Karust Rust Treatment
*Pressure Washer
*Hydraulic Jack
*Axle Stands

Last edited:

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Right she's be shown some love today, had quite a few car brand names used on her. So for the first time since october and the bump here she is!!

DSCN0213.jpg

DSCN0214.jpg

DSCN0215.jpg

DSCN0216.jpg

DSCN0217.jpg

DSCN0220.jpg

Showing up its stable mate:

DSCN0222.jpg

And those with keen eyes will of noticed the wheels are a bit worse for wear, but i got something coming :)

DSCN0218.jpg

The cupra sport wing stickers are off the car, but preserved for copying and remaking :D

She's now in better condition than i bought her, but not stopping there - parking sensors bite the dust and a rear bumper spray once the wheels are done!

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
WooHoo!!!!!!

Been for its annual service today, plugs, oil and filters we're all it needed, plenty of life left in all the brakes etc! Which should hopefully mean all its going to need are two new tyres for its MOT next month - which i already have.

I hoped my faith in returning to an 8v for cheap reliable motoring would pay off!! :D

Ronnie

looks sweet m8, sahme bout your red one getting wrote off

Ronnie

Mat

looking better now mate

if you still want a detail, just shout. drop me a text or summat

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Right, its all done! No rust left anywhere on the car, alloys are fully refurbed and on, new flat blade wipers, fully serviced its in better condition now than it was 15k ago!

DSCN0285.jpg

Alloys are silver with Black Magic centre caps to set them off, plenty of laquer for protection and auto smart wheel protection to keep them looking good!

DSCN0287.jpg

Paints looking great shine wise and certainly bu normal standards its great, still might be taking mat up on his offer of a detail as there are some swirl marks.

DSCN0283.jpg

DSCN0281.jpg

DSCN0282.jpg

DSCN0284.jpg

Its now the best SEAT i've owned!!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.