First Impressions of Milltek TBE

luke07cupra

Wind the boost up...
Apr 13, 2009
Leeds
Really like the noise - non res and sounds great, not too much as i feared.

I do have one gripe though. The tailpipe trim does not extend far back enough to go under the plastic bumper as the OEM one did. Obviously its only when looking side on. It reminds me of those cheap tail trims you can buy from Halfords and bolt on.

Is this normal? I've thought about ringing Milltek - for a thousand pounds i thought it wouldn't look 'cheap' so bit dissapointed really.

Heres a pic.....

101_0451.jpg
[/IMG]

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
I can see what you mean mate, it does look a little short. I haven't really seen any others though to compare it against.

Glad your liking the sound.

luke07cupra

Wind the boost up...
Apr 13, 2009
Leeds
Was the exhaust cold when you took that pic?
As when they are hot they "grow" a bit.

Yes it was cold.

To me the tailpipe wanted to extend another 3 - 4 inchs back to sit under the plastic.

I noticed again today when i started the car a lot more juddering and movement going on, this can be felt when blipping the throttle too. An uprated powerflex bush/mount came with the exhaust and was fitted, i'm wondering if this is to combat the movement - its not working if it is!

singh123

Cupra
Mar 17, 2008
Yeah when I had mine fitted it didn’t sit flush under the bumper, and when I spoke to the place I had it fitted from they said that the Milltek exhaust can expands up to 3 inches and after I had it fitted for a few months I took it back to get it adjusted to fit flush to the OEM space and now it sits perfectly in the OEM place.

So might be worthwhile to let it settle in for a bit and then if not happy get it adjusted

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Yes it was cold.

To me the tailpipe wanted to extend another 3 - 4 inchs back to sit under the plastic.

I noticed again today when i started the car a lot more juddering and movement going on, this can be felt when blipping the throttle too. An uprated powerflex bush/mount came with the exhaust and was fitted, i'm wondering if this is to combat the movement - its not working if it is!

mine judders quite a bit when reversing and mine also came with the powerflex thingy. tbh think all millteks sit further out of the bumper than the oem exhaust.

luke07cupra

Wind the boost up...
Apr 13, 2009
Leeds
Yeah when I had mine fitted it didn’t sit flush under the bumper, and when I spoke to the place I had it fitted from they said that the Milltek exhaust can expands up to 3 inches and after I had it fitted for a few months I took it back to get it adjusted to fit flush to the OEM space and now it sits perfectly in the OEM place.

So might be worthwhile to let it settle in for a bit and then if not happy get it adjusted

Did you notice any juddering after having yours fitted? when i start the car up or blip the throttle i can feel more movement than i did with the standard exhaust.

singh123

Cupra
Mar 17, 2008
Sorry i forgot to add about the juddering :doh:

yeah I did notice some extra juddering when reversing or moving of slowly in first gear, but this will settle down once the uprated powerflex bush/mount has settled in

i have had mine fitted for about 3 months now and i dont experinace the juddering any more

luke07cupra

Wind the boost up...
Apr 13, 2009
Leeds
Cool - sounds like the exhaust just needs some bedding in time then.

RobH - you got 2+ on there yet?

I'm booked in at the Racing line tomorrow 9.30...

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Cool - sounds like the exhaust just needs some bedding in time then.

RobH - you got 2+ on there yet?

I'm booked in at the Racing line tomorrow 9.30...

I have stage 2+ on but dont have hpfp yet but adjusted the settings to suite b8 t4 f9 instead of b6 t6 f6 i think is the standard settings for stage 2+. hpfp is gonna have to wait for a while as ive got to work in ireland for 3 weeks:cry: and carnt get down to jbs till august now.

since going down there yesterday im toying with the idea of trading it in for an evo 8 fq340 although at 22 insurance could be a problem.

luke07cupra

Wind the boost up...
Apr 13, 2009
Leeds
I have stage 2+ on but dont have hpfp yet but adjusted the settings to suite b8 t4 f9 instead of b6 t6 f6 i think is the standard settings for stage 2+. hpfp is gonna have to wait for a while as ive got to work in ireland for 3 weeks:cry: and carnt get down to jbs till august now.

since going down there yesterday im toying with the idea of trading it in for an evo 8 fq340 although at 22 insurance could be a problem.

I asked Revo about running 2+ until i got the hpfp and running the car in 'stock' mode. They advised me not to do this. I've got the pump on now.

I didn't think stage 2+ would run without the pump - wierd. I think the aggresive settings on 2+ are B9 T6 F6. I'm gonna run Boost at 7 or 8 fuel at 6 then set the timing to suite. With a lack of intercooler and intake the car may suffer from heat with high boost especially in this warm weather.

An FQ 340 couldn't pull away from my stage 1 Cupra from a rolling start, fair enough there were 2 in the car and i was on my own. Still a nice car though but i prefer the subtlety of my Leon...

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
I asked Revo about running 2+ until i got the hpfp and running the car in 'stock' mode. They advised me not to do this. I've got the pump on now.

I didn't think stage 2+ would run without the pump - wierd. I think the aggresive settings on 2+ are B9 T6 F6. I'm gonna run Boost at 7 or 8 fuel at 6 then set the timing to suite. With a lack of intercooler and intake the car may suffer from heat with high boost especially in this warm weather.

An FQ 340 couldn't pull away from my stage 1 Cupra from a rolling start, fair enough there were 2 in the car and i was on my own. Still a nice car though but i prefer the subtlety of my Leon...

true but on anything other than a rolling start on a straight road in the dry the leon would get destroyed. But owning an evo is one of those things i have to do.

Dont think running stage 2+ will be too bad aslong as i keep the fuel settings on 9 the rest is the same as stage2 i think.

Last edited:

luke07cupra

Wind the boost up...
Apr 13, 2009
Leeds
true but on anything other than a rolling start on a straight road in the dry the leon would get destroyed. But owning an evo is one of those things i have to do.

Dont think running stage 2+ will be too bad aslong as i keep the fuel settings on 9 the rest is the same as stage2 i think.

Ye they are in a different league really when it comes to handling and grip etc.

In my opinion for the £300 for the pump, it would be worth sampling stage2+... I'll post on here tomorrow when i've had mine done :D

luke07cupra

Wind the boost up...
Apr 13, 2009
Leeds
luke07cupra,

where you get the hpfp for £300 mate? Good choice with the milltek by the way health to enjoy it mate.

I got it done at JBS - i got the KMD pump internals, it was £310.50 fitted. Apparently the Autotech ones have gone up in price a lot and the APR (which is a full pump) is a fortune also. Just need the 2+ file loading on now :D

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
Did you notice any juddering after having yours fitted? when i start the car up or blip the throttle i can feel more movement than i did with the standard exhaust.

Mine was fitted by Milltek and it sits flush to the end of the trim when cold, then extends some 2" - 3" when hot.

I would think carefully about an Evo 340 - they will cost a fortune to maintain, insure and run compared to the Leon but granted do look the bollocks. Performance wise i wouldn,t think you would have too much trouble giving one a good run with a stage 2+. I have come across a couple fq340,s on the motorway and ended up pushing them out of the way. If you've ever been behind one in some corners they don,t perform like expected. The one i was behind looked like it was twisting in the middle as it put the power down mid corner - fair enough it does have a bit more grip but in my experience a well driven fwd Leon with good tyres would not be too far behind at the exit of the twisties. Grante it would be

My thoughts only, not wanting to upset any Evo fans.

luke07cupra

Wind the boost up...
Apr 13, 2009
Leeds
Mine was fitted by Milltek and it sits flush to the end of the trim when cold, then extends some 2" - 3" when hot.

I would think carefully about an Evo 340 - they will cost a fortune to maintain, insure and run compared to the Leon but granted do look the bollocks. Performance wise i wouldn,t think you would have too much trouble giving one a good run with a stage 2+. I have come across a couple fq340,s on the motorway and ended up pushing them out of the way. If you've ever been behind one in some corners they don,t perform like expected. The one i was behind looked like it was twisting in the middle as it put the power down mid corner - fair enough it does have a bit more grip but in my experience a well driven fwd Leon with good tyres would not be too far behind at the exit of the twisties. Grante it would be

My thoughts only, not wanting to upset any Evo fans.

Does yours look like mine in the photo above? i.e the oval trim stops short so you can see where it changes into the two seperate pipes.

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
Doncaster / Germany (Army)
Sorry i forgot to add about the juddering :doh:

yeah I did notice some extra juddering when reversing or moving of slowly in first gear, but this will settle down once the uprated powerflex bush/mount has settled in

i have had mine fitted for about 3 months now and i dont experinace the juddering any more

Mine still judders after a year / 10k miles :(

Poverty

I got it done at JBS - i got the KMD pump internals, it was £310.50 fitted. Apparently the Autotech ones have gone up in price a lot and the APR (which is a full pump) is a fortune also. Just need the 2+ file loading on now :D

that is well cheap

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise