Gooner_Mike's C4 VTR+ HDi

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
Looks very nice Mike :) You don't often see C4 coupes on the road, although saying that I'll probably notice loads tomorrow!

A gloss black rear valance would look nice ;)

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Good luck with the new car Mike and its good to see your sticking around here :D

Thanks pal. Won't be on here as often probably but not going anywhere just yet!

Looks very nice Mike :) You don't often see C4 coupes on the road, although saying that I'll probably notice loads tomorrow!

A gloss black rear valance would look nice ;)

Added some "back to black" and that seems to have helped! Maybe going for a gloss black'n'red theme for any exterior mods....

like you said mate, very different from the beezer, but looks good :thumbup:

Cheers pal.

Just looking at mods for the C4 or the HDi lump that I could do in the future... there is naff all around TBH!!!! Anyone got any ideas of Euro/French tuning companies / forums?

dan666

Oct 13, 2009
Hartford, Cheshire
Looks good Mike.

Only things I can think off is there is a French mag on the shelves that has modded cars in that is in English.

K-tec worth a look they do clio stuff. Will keeps eye open for anything else

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Custom fmic

On the engine side of things, the list of mods "might" be:
decat/downpipe and straight through exhaust
panel filter
remap

Custom FMIC might be worth a shout too! Although, not expecting much power from this 1.6HDi lump...

Looks good Mike.

Only things I can think off is there is a French mag on the shelves that has modded cars in that is in English.

K-tec worth a look they do clio stuff. Will keeps eye open for anything else

Its called French Performance Magazine I think. Been digging this PM. Will pop into WHSmiths to see if they stock it. That'll be the best place to get ideas on tuners and mods etc.

dan666

Oct 13, 2009
Hartford, Cheshire
On the engine side of things, the list of mods "might" be:
decat/downpipe and straight through exhaust
panel filter
remap

Custom FMIC might be worth a shout too! Although, not expecting much power from this 1.6HDi lump...

Its called French Performance Magazine I think. Been digging this PM. Will pop into WHSmiths to see if they stock it. That'll be the best place to get ideas on tuners and mods etc.

From memory back when i had a clio mk1 yes WH smith did stock it. Was in one today looking at car mags, unfortuantly didn't see it on the shelf.
If I find some info I will drop you a pm. k-tec always stics in my mind though lol

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
From memory back when i had a clio mk1 yes WH smith did stock it. Was in one today looking at car mags, unfortuantly didn't see it on the shelf.
If I find some info I will drop you a pm. k-tec always stics in my mind though lol

Thanks chaps!

mike is this your old motor??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250809815642&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

noticed it when browsing,

new car looks classy, as said before you dont see many of the coupe's on the road enjoy [B)]

Yes it is! Bloke I swapped it is selling it clearly. I get the feeling he swaps cars like I have hot dinners though. Some mods have been removed so advert isn't 100% accurate.... :whistle:

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
Hello mate. looks like you followed me to the C4 world then.

i like the shape of the c4 but for me i miss the speed so mine is going soon.

i know what you mean about the Mods for the 1.6 HDI.

problem with the 1.6 its a low pressure turbo so boost is only there from about 1500 rpm to about 3750rpm. remap can cure this and get power from 110 to 140 but any more is a complete nightmare. i gave up looking as i have the EGS version and after a remap the gearbox is at its limit.

i have to admit the C4 is a nice car and i will miss it and i know Seats dont hold there value but french cars are like ship anchors i have love 5g in 18 months :( 4g if i sold privately.

i do like the fact you service every 2 years though :) that was bliss

lee

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
De-badged rear

Spent a few minutes de-badging the rear of the C4 today. It makes a bit of a difference, I certainly prefer it. Should I remove the chevrons too? I think I might keep them...
Sorry for the crap camera phone pics!

BEFORE
5.jpg

IMAG0239.jpg

IMAG0240.jpg

AFTER
IMAG0242.jpg

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Is it not mapped yet, Mike?

Not yet Damo, give it time! There are a few tuners who offer remaps for the HDi lump, just looking into them. Going to drop Will @ P-Torque a message too!

Turbo is a small, low boosting one, so a remap does make a big difference but you won't see BHP gains like the PD130 or PD160 lumps! :shrug:

Got a "No smoke, no poke" sticker coming too. I'm fully embracing the dirty diesel scene....

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Got a new sticker today (for another diesel forum... maybe I'm going mad!!!!)

IMAG0252.jpg

Also, vinyl roof being done on Thursday! There is some discolouration of the roof (almost like its had a pizza sign oir learner driver sign on top!) Looks to be a bit of a nightmare getting it off, so its a vinyl wrap to cover it (also I like the look a wrapped roof gives!)

Sorry for the crappy phone pics!

IMAG0253.jpg

IMAG0254.jpg

IMAG0255.jpg