Gooner_Mike's C4 VTR+ HDi

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Heko wind deflectors

Well, the nest mod is here: Team Heko wind deflectors! I was well chuffed with them on the Ibiza so reckon it was a goer for the C4 too! Crappy phone pics again, sorry (seem to have lost my camera!)

IMAG0275.jpg

IMAG0276.jpg

IMAG0277.jpg

IMAG0278.jpg

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Small update: bought and fitted two new gas struts for the boot lid. The coupe bootlid weighs a tonne and my old struts were knackered.... as I found out on a few occasions! Such an easy fix too, just took about 2mins! Citroen dealer quoted £30 each + VAT! Got the pair for about £35 delivered from ebay.

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
DIY Oil and filter change

Well, I decided to do my own oil and filter change. Was getting silly quotes from garages so decided to give it a go myself.

Bought the bits.

DSCF2208.jpg

DSCF2211.jpg

Used the suction pump (pretty impressed really) and then old filter out...

DSCF2212.jpg

New filter in...

DSCF2213.jpg

Filled up with new oil and happy days! It was pretty easy doing it and I feel very satisfied TBH. Checked level this AM and topped it up a bit.

Last edited:

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
DIY air filter change

Also decided to give the air filter a change. This seemed fairly daunting as its all tucked away under the windscreen near the bulkhead. Poor design. I had heard some stories about it being a nightmare but decided to give it a go....

Before I started

DSCF2214.jpg

Few bits removed! Engine cover, sound deadening, plastic brace, bonnet seal, turbo intake pipe....

DSCF2215.jpg

Old filter in place, nicely tucked away!

DSCF2217.jpg

DSCF2219.jpg

Old and new filters

DSCF2222.jpg

DSCF2223.jpg

MAF back on

DSCF2227.jpg

Here is my tiny turbo... bit of oil in there but that's from the head breather pipe that enters the turbo intake pipe just before the turbo! You can see it at the top right of this photo.

DSCF2229.jpg

All back together. Left the sound deadening off the car and fitted some of the panels properly. Whoever last serviced it didn't bother basically!

DSCF2230.jpg

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
looks good mate.

how you getting on with it? i sometime miss my C4 and the economy i use to get from it :) for a little 1.6 turbo its a pokie little engine until you reach 60.

you had it mapped yet?

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
looks good mate.

how you getting on with it? i sometime miss my C4 and the economy i use to get from it :) for a little 1.6 turbo its a pokie little engine until you reach 60.

you had it mapped yet?

Loving the economy, the toys/gadgets eg.cruise control, the comfort of the ride and the look of the car!

Not mapped yet. Was going to go down the filter and decat route but there are changes to the MOT regs from next year apparently that say diesels have to have a cat...

Doing small mods for now. Thinking of fitting DRLs soon. Would look sweet on coilovers too I think but that is a long term plan.

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
What a stupid place to put the air filter! I was about to make a slightly sarcastic comment about getting stuck in... its only an air filter kind of thing :lol: but dear me it really is a nightmare! I take it all back :D

Got a soft spot for these C4s, really are quite a funky looking car.

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
What a stupid place to put the air filter! I was about to make a slightly sarcastic comment about getting stuck in... its only an air filter kind of thing :lol: but dear me it really is a nightmare! I take it all back :D

Got a soft spot for these C4s, really are quite a funky looking car.

:lol: Some garages even recommend taking off the bonnet, the wipers and slam panel! It wasn't that bad TBH but more of a fiddle than the Ibiza that's for sure!