All finished!

DSCF3194.jpg

Last edited:

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
i dont normally like led bulbs but they look at home on that where they have filled the area with light making that cool shape.

Yeah, the C4 has a plastic tube that should light up like that. The standard bulb (501/wedge one) doesn't really do it justice. They look a bit like a BMW 5 series with their yellow one! I was thinking of putting in yellow LED bulbs actually!

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
hello mate. hows the car going? i might be coming back to the C4 crew. :)

Yep, ticking along nicely! Had to put standard suspension on but rides so comfy now and now annoying rattles and bangs.

Put flyeyes on the rear lights too.

Clutch has a rattle (DMF on these) and Martin @ Tweeqd (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tweeqd-Automotive/151697461564371) estimated about £1k to fix. :cry: He recommended waiting until it breaks and then make a decision about what to do.

DSCF3454.jpg

DSCF3455.jpg

DSCF3456.jpg

Last edited:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Ouch. At a grand you're better off breaking I guess and getting another.

Certainly if it's just rattling then it'll be annoying for a while before it is a problem

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Ouch. At a grand you're better off breaking I guess and getting another.

Certainly if it's just rattling then it'll be annoying for a while before it is a problem

Exactly M0rk. The clutch still performs fine. The clutch release bearing was mentioned as the main culprit, bit its still a clutch out/off jobbie so might as well change the clutch and DMF while in its off.

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Not much to report but.... the washer motor stopped working yesterday. Changed the fuse. Job done. Trying to use it in the cold weather clearly blew it.

Hankering after a remap but not sure what to do with my rattling clutch release bearing!

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
this thread has gone quiet mike done anything else to it?

Nothing doing really. Coilovers are off as are the flyeye tints. The car is basically standard bar a K+N induction filter I added when I serviced it last time.

I'm just running it as it is until the clutch realease bearing goes (although it has been rattling for 2 years now!) and then decide what to do. Keep thinking about a remap and decat for it though....

Got a 2nd kid on the way and I can see this being traded in for something family-barge-like in the future.

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Still nothing doing.

Clutch still rattling and holding as strong as ever. Basically running standard now (apart from open filter so I can hear the turbo) and enjoying the MPG!

On the lookout for a big family estate over the summer / into the autumn though. This C4 will be going....

Narrowing down my list of cars to try:
Skoda Octavia estate
Skoda Superb estate
Ford S-MAX
Ford Mondeo estate
VW Passat estate

Needs miles of legroom in the back as I have the drivers seat right the way back and now have 2 kids....

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Still nothing doing.

Clutch still rattling and holding as strong as ever. Basically running standard now (apart from open filter so I can hear the turbo) and enjoying the MPG!

On the lookout for a big family estate over the summer / into the autumn though. This C4 will be going....

Narrowing down my list of cars to try:
Skoda Octavia estate
Skoda Superb estate
Ford S-MAX
Ford Mondeo estate
VW Passat estate

Needs miles of legroom in the back as I have the drivers seat right the way back and now have 2 kids....

VRS won't work for you then Mike - I'm not quite as tall & couldn't have a two year old behind me when driving

S-Max would be the only one that'll stop the sprogs having their legs severed. My best mate has one, and tbh it's a nice wagon for a bus.

Last edited:

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
The S-Max has sliding 2nd row of seats. TBH there aren't many cars about that have loads of rear legroom. The Skoda Superb is vast in the back but a little new / high mileage at the moment for our budget. Mondeo estaet is supposed to be good but need to sit in some and take a tape measure!

Last edited:

MATTCR

FR
Mar 6, 2007
UK
why the hell have I just come in here and read about/looked at pictures of a Shitroen? I thought I logged onto citroenforum.com for a minute :happy:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.