Gooner_Mike's C4 VTR+ HDi

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Thought I would have a go with a Flyeyes kit on the C4! Did front lights, side repeaters, front fogs and rear fogs. Not enough left over to do the rear lights yet + it started raining hard. Pictures to follow.....

Last edited:

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
DSCF3026.jpg

DSCF3027.jpg

DSCF3029.jpg

DSCF3032.jpg

DSCF3033.jpg

DSCF3034.jpg

DSCF3035.jpg

DSCF3036.jpg

DSCF3037.jpg

Last edited:

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Yeah, I like it for now. Idea is to paint or vinyl wrap one day!
Rear wiper is OK, that bit of the rear screen is the only bit you can see out of really when looking back! Thought about dewipering.

Last edited:

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Serviced the C4 today: air, pollen, fuel and oil filters all done!

Anyway, while I was servicing the car, I noticed some hard, black deposits around the righthand-most injector (I think that is what it is). Looks like it has been leaking oil (or something) for some time. When I then started the car up (after doing the service) I noticed some smoke coming from the same area. All of the other injectors are clean and free of any deposits/smoke.

Any ideas? Leaking injector? Cracked something? Is it terminal?

Sorry for rubbish camera phone pics/video!

PICTURE
IMAG0304.jpg

VIDEO LINK

Richy!!!

May 14, 2008
Staffordshire
Hi Mike,

Its your injector seals leaking, common fault with the 1.6 hdi engine. Apparently caused by not being tightened correctly from factory and some people have the injectors tightened every other service. These have been leaking for a long time as you can see they were leaking on the last service you carried out. You need to get them done asap otherwise it can be a very costly repair as the head will need some work due to the damage caused by the failed seals. These are the worst I have seen for some time.

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Hi Mike,

Its your injector seals leaking, common fault with the 1.6 hdi engine. Apparently caused by not being tightened correctly from factory and some people have the injectors tightened every other service. These have been leaking for a long time as you can see they were leaking on the last service you carried out. You need to get them done asap otherwise it can be a very costly repair as the head will need some work due to the damage caused by the failed seals. These are the worst I have seen for some time.

Was going to say, injector seals.. Really common!

Yeah thanks chaps, found this out from another forum also. Getting it booked in next week for new seals. Hopefully they can get the injector out of the head! Soaking it in WD40 everyday now. :blink:

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Good news! Car back from the garage and injector seal replaced. Came out of the head OK and only a couple of hours labour. £127 to fix it.
So pleased as I was having visions of stuck injector and a new head needed or something crazy like that!

I swear she now runs a little smoother and quieter. Maybe I'm just looking for an improvement?

Now the car is fixed, maybe more mods....

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Right, fitted the USB box I bought a while back and had it enabled this AM by a local dealer. A local independant Citroen garage reckoned they couldn't do it! Fitted the box in the glovebox and there was already a gap in the side by the centre console to thread the cables through, so no cutting/drilling required.

Loving being able to use an ipod in the car now. Time to bin the CDs! Using an old Nano with a bust screen for now.

Going to tidy the cables away this afternoon and stick it to the inside of the glovebox.

Dealer also did the tailgate wiring recall while they were at it.

More updates coming.....

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
USB box fitted:

This cut-out was already in place!
DSCF3185.jpg

DSCF3186.jpg

DSCF3187.jpg

DSCF3188.jpg

And an ongoing mod this afternoon:

DSCF3184.jpg

*EDIT*
Apologies for the terrible choice of newspaper, its my mother-in-laws!

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.