Tyres for modified LCR

cupra96

347bhp & 410lb/ft
Dec 19, 2014
Cumbria
Hi people,

I have a modified LCR which struggles for grip in third gear when pushed. Front tyres are on 2.5mm so in need of replacements soon, can't decide on what tyres to get, any recommendations for all seasons?

(347bhp/ 410 lb-ft)

Sean886

May 15, 2014
I highly recommend you don't buy any due to lack of grip together with their other poor issues, also they are far from all seasons..

You're joking ain't ya! Got the ps3's upfront and Bridgestone potenzas on the rear and its un stickable!

They've lasted about 5kmiles so far and still around 5 mill tread On them!

Tyres are very much down to personal opinion though tbh!

G.P

Sep 3, 2011
Worcestershire
You're joking ain't ya!

Tyres are very much down to personal opinion though tbh!

No I'm not joking, they just let go without warning so yes lack grip, I have two spare with 7mm left that I removed for when I sell the car. I also know to much about Mich. problems..

icestorm81

Sep 9, 2008
Dorset, Dorchester
I am running yoko's AD08 on all 4 corners, amazing grip on dry and wet roads, not so good in heavy rain. Last year I paid almost £190 a corner for 225/40/18 but at the moment they are around £120 a corner, dunno why they are so cheap at the moment.

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
I like goodyear eagle F1 dsg3 but I believe they are no longer available and only the asymmetrical are available and don't know what they're like. Toyo proxes T1-R are hard to fault in mid corner break away feel. They are a bit of the easy side to wheel spin perhaps but lateral grip is very hard to beat with progressive break away and the wet grip level is almost as high as the dry grip level.

G.P

Sep 3, 2011
Worcestershire
I like goodyear eagle F1 dsg3 but I believe they are no longer available and only the asymmetrical are available and don't know what they're like. Toyo proxes T1-R are hard to fault in mid corner break away feel. They are a bit of the easy side to wheel spin perhaps but lateral grip is very hard to beat with progressive break away and the wet grip level is almost as high as the dry grip level.

Tyre tech. has really moved on since both the GSD3 and T1-R, which for me was dire in the wet..

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.