My 08 Candy White Cupra

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Not what Craig used .......but try fine wire wool with britemax metal twins :D

I'm not to keen on using wire wool, because the BCS exhaust tips are crome finished, didn't want to scratch them. I'm wanting a cleaner that isn't very aggressive and can use with a micro fibre clothe.
Is britemax the autobite product?

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Last edited:

tony_burrin

Jul 23, 2012
rutland for now
Car looks amazing mate and I've loved ready your thread. And a cheeky question have you got the link for the cts copy's by any chance thanjs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlexK1

Apr 20, 2014
Poole
Nice update as usual, car looks spot on with the wheel spacers now. How are you enjoying the new exhaust mod?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Car looks amazing mate and I've loved ready your thread. And a cheeky question have you got the link for the cts copy's by any chance thanjs

Thank you Tony and I appreciate you taking the time to go through the thread :)

Yes buddy here is a link if you've got a K04-064 then happy days if it's K03 it won't fit.

They will accept a lowest price of £100 and you won't pay any import duty.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Turbo-Disch...-R-2006-AUDI-TTS-FSI-/261675948859?nav=SEARCH

Nice update as usual, car looks spot on with the wheel spacers now. How are you enjoying the new exhaust mod?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Cheers Alex :)

Yes I love the new mate mod it sounds epic. Shame the vid on FB isn't the best and doesn't do it justice if I'm honest. Great mod though

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Brilliant cheers for the link mate I've been look for these for ages cheers

No problem dude your welcome ;)

Cheers Criag I'll get some ordered and give it ago.

Looking forward to see how your car performs next week at r-tech mate.

No problem Kev your welcome ;)

Yes I'm getting excited and nervous at the same time haha. Got one last piece of the puzzle arriving tomorrow. Then dropping her off at Dynodaze on Sunday ready for surgery lol

Autosol my favorite cleaning paste, glad to here it is still as useful now as back in the 70's when I first used it on my kawasaki's.

I've always used autosol mate it's great but might have to buy some of the stuff Dave used on mine it looked effortless will report back when I got some :)

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
No problem Kev your welcome ;)

Yes I'm getting excited and nervous at the same time haha. Got one last piece of the puzzle arriving tomorrow. Then dropping her off at Dynodaze on Sunday ready for surgery lol

I've ordered a bottle of White Diamond metal polish, I'll try it out as soon as it arrives next week.

I thought you already had everything for stage 2+ ready for fitting, so what's the last piece in the puzzle, anything exciting?

Just wondering where you got the hpfp stud conversion from? I seen it on fb a while back but when I looked for them couldn't find them.

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
I've ordered a bottle of White Diamond metal polish, I'll try it out as soon as it arrives next week.

I thought you already had everything for stage 2+ ready for fitting, so what's the last piece in the puzzle, anything exciting?

Just wondering where you got the hpfp stud conversion from? I seen it on fb a while back but when I looked for them couldn't find them.

Happy days let me know what you think of it dude. Like I say it looked effortless when Dave did mine so a lot less time consuming compared to autosol.

Got myself 4 new injectors mate as I'm getting a very low misfire count on cylinder 3 at idle. I'm convinced it's the valves and perhaps a dirty injector but rather than clean my current ones I've just got new ones as they were a bargain.

What I didn't want to happen was for everything to be put back together only to find it's still misfiring.

Like I say it's minimal but I want it sorted rather than ignore it only for much bigger problems down the line.

The stud kit is off a mate his name is Lee Chadwick he did post them a while back on the tfsi group I'll send you a PM ;)

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Happy days let me know what you think of it dude. Like I say it looked effortless when Dave did mine so a lot less time consuming compared to autosol.

Got myself 4 new injectors mate as I'm getting a very low misfire count on cylinder 3 at idle. I'm convinced it's the valves and perhaps a dirty injector but rather than clean my current ones I've just got new ones as they were a bargain.

What I didn't want to happen was for everything to be put back together only to find it's still misfiring.

Like I say it's minimal but I want it sorted rather than ignore it only for much bigger problems down the line.

The stud kit is off a mate his name is Lee Chadwick he did post them a while back on the tfsi group I'll send you a PM ;)

Yeah mate I'll let you know how well it works.

I get the same low misfire count on cylinder 3 at idle, no misfires when the car is revving, and the misfire count is a little more when the engine is cold. From what I've read I think it's maybe because the valves need cleaned.

When I fit rfd I'm going to have ago at cleaning the valves myself. And hope that sorts it.

I'll message him about the stud kit, cheers.

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Hi all so bit of an update on the Cupra's progress :)

As you will be aware I've been getting ready for going 2+

So got all the bits to be fitted to make sure I don't forget anything before dropping it off at Dynodaze.

As you can see I have the Rs4 valve/ runner flap delete kit/ Wellycooler/ Loba hpfp/ Stud conversion kit/ Hpfp sensor shield and 4x brand new injectors to go in.

Before setting off I thought I'd give her a quick clean it would be rude to take Rich a dirty car haha

Those with a keen eye will notice I've put a private plate on :p

I've been looking at buying it for a while now and thought why not get it before someone else does. It's basically saying TFSI Engine and that's exactly what she has.

Having dropped the car off Rich set to work and has been updating me as he went.

This is picture heavy so I apologise in advance.

Start of the strip down:

As you can see everything relating to the A/C has been removed as I'm having it deleted. It's not something I use and in order to keep it I'd have to still have the old setup in place as it piggybacks off each other! So it was bye bye A/C

Old intercooler/A/C condenser/radiator sandwich lol

The radiator is fitted back using the end tanks off the stock intercooler but other than that the above is redundant now.

Here you can see the pipe work and pump for the A/C again this is all redundant.

The next images are of her stripped down as far as it needs to be. So you can see the inlet manifold is off and also the stock hpfp.

Next job is to do the inlet valve clean and removal of the runner flaps and motor. As you can see the valves are ready for a clean and she will run even better once finished.

And what they looked like just before they were complete.Much better I'm very happy with the result.

Then it was time to remove the old runner flaps and fit the delete kit

After that was done it was time to start building her back up as much as possible but allow access to start the Wellycooler fitting

As you can see there is now a shorter belt on the alternator to compensate the A/C removal.Loba pump is fitted with the sensor shield. Rs4 valve fitted, new injectors fitted and the manifold put back on.

Then it was time for the Wellycooler install

First off was to mount the intercooler

Isn't she a beaut lol,with that in place and it fully secure it was time for the custom solid pipe work to be fabricated/welded then fitted.

And a coupler welded to the high flow charge pipe

Then fitting it all.

I'm very happy with how it's turned out and know the setup will flow as good as it can possibly be. With the added bonus of a very slim chance of any boost leaks compared to other methods where running higher boost is a nightmare for popping pipe work off.

Once that was complete it was a case of fully fitting the bumper

I've not driven her yet but will get chance to go out for an hour tomorrow to test it before I'm in with Niki at R-Tech for him to do my 2+ custom map In the afternoon :p

But like I said before I'm very happy with what Rich has done for its a cracking job and won't hesitate to take her back for anything in the future.

Once the mapping is complete I shall update with the results and my thoughts.

As always cheers for looking and any comments welcome good or bad ;)

Craig

Last edited:

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Looks great man! Looks like some good work has been done on her.

Interested to see the figures when she's mapped. Only thing I'm not 100% on it the R-Tech logo on the cooler lol.

Nice touch with the plate though ;)

Have you thought about getting a shorter plate on the front?

Last edited:

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Looks great man! Looks like some good work has been done on her.

Interested to see the figures when she's mapped. Only thing I'm not 100% on it the R-Tech logo on the cooler lol.

Nice touch with the plate though ;)

Have you thought about getting a shorter plate on the front?

Cheers Dan :) yeah I was a little unsure of the logo at first when ordering but now it's fitted I love it.

Will definitely get a shorter front plate just need to find somewhere who will make one and put a space between the TF51 and the ENG

Might look on eBay see what I can find.

Will update tomorrow once mapping is done buddy

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Cheers Dan :) yeah I was a little unsure of the logo at first when ordering but now it's fitted I love it.

Will definitely get a shorter front plate just need to find somewhere who will make one and put a space between the TF51 and the ENG

Might look on eBay see what I can find.

Will update tomorrow once mapping is done buddy
Looks good mate, hopefully see it in flesh tomorrow. As for plate, couldn't you get a 'show' one made up for the front how you want it? ;)

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Looks good mate, hopefully see it in flesh tomorrow. As for plate, couldn't you get a 'show' one made up for the front how you want it? ;)

Thank you Andy :)

Yes will be good to have a catch up later if you can make it. Went on Ebay last night and ordered a smaller plate.

Had to get proper ones last week as I only swapped them on Thursday so was a little bit last minute rush.

The one I've ordered is 15"x3.5" so will look much better. See what the plod make of it :rolleyes:

I'm going to keep the proper one in the boot and if I get pulled will bat my eye lashes and try to say I've forgot to swap them after a meet :rofl:

Craig

ECB

Edward CB
Jun 26, 2013
Northampton
Just caught up on this, not been on cupranet properly for ages so decent to see everyone's updates.

The car looks great mate, and another + 1 for logo on the cooler, it looks ace. Looking forward to hearing how you get on with stage 2+.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.