My 08 Candy White Cupra

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Just caught up on this, not been on cupranet properly for ages so decent to see everyone's updates.

The car looks great mate, and another + 1 for logo on the cooler, it looks ace. Looking forward to hearing how you get on with stage 2+.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers mate much appreciated :)

Any update on the stage 2+ Craig?

Hi Dan sorry for the lack of reply buddy been mega busy of late :cry:

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Hi All so a bit of feedback from the 2+ mapping :D

It was a great day going down to R-Tech again and seeing Yoda and his team.

She has performed well and the final figure is 365.7bhp/407.9ftlb [B)]

At stage1 it was a very capable car but now it's simply epic I'm over the moon with the performance.

He's added hardcut limiter and no lift shift to the file and it works flawlessly the power delivery is incredible and pulls hard all the way to 7.5k in every gear.

The sounds she is making with the runner flap delete kit fitted it biblical it's pops and bangs with a real burble to it.

Had a couple of weeks getting used to the new setup and can honestly say it's awesome. If I'm wanting to unlock the full potential the cat will have to go but for now it can stay as I'm in the process of a brake upgrade and handling mods :)

Will update with more on that soon.

As always cheers all and thanks for looking and any comments good or bad :rolleyes:

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
That graph just flatlines at peak power - clear choke. Looks like you could have had 380hp on the cards

Bet its awesome either way mate

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
That graph just flatlines at peak power - clear choke. Looks like you could have had 380hp on the cards

Bet its awesome either way mate

Cheers Dan :)

Exactly that mate it will have to go de cat some point this year then go back.Will stick with 3" rather than go 3.5" into 3" as I don't want to risk dropping all that torque.

But yeah compared to before it's a major step forward.

Last edited:

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Nice figures Craig, would like to experience that sort of power in a Leon. I'm dying for more power but wouldn't spend anymore on mine power wise.

What's it like getting the power down?

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Nice figures Craig, would like to experience that sort of power in a Leon. I'm dying for more power but wouldn't spend anymore on mine power wise.

What's it like getting the power down?

Cheers Dan, it's not too bad to be honest obviously in the wet its bonkers but fun at the same time lol.

Got a few more bits going on in a couple of weeks so will update with pictures once done :p

JoshCupraR

Nov 6, 2015
Holywell, Flintshire
Hi mate car looks great now and them figures I think anyone would be happy with :)

I'm looking to go stage 2+ myself and do the RFD, can I ask how much were the injector seals and gaskets that are needed? Do you have part numbers by any chance?

Do you get popping and banging on gear change now or is that just at the hard cut limit? You had a play with the NLS yet?

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Hi mate car looks great now and them figures I think anyone would be happy with :)

I'm looking to go stage 2+ myself and do the RFD, can I ask how much were the injector seals and gaskets that are needed? Do you have part numbers by any chance?

Do you get popping and banging on gear change now or is that just at the hard cut limit? You had a play with the NLS yet?

Hi Josh, Cheers mate yes I'm really happy with her and the performance is awesome.

Regards the injector seal kits I've got a full set of genuine brand new ones I managed to get for £50 you can have them off me if you like for same price delivered I'll send you a PM now.

With the RFD fitted you get an epic burble and the odd bangs on overrun it sounds ace I love it.With the hard cut again it sounds mega and comes in at 7.5k revs and this is the point you use no lift shift.

If you get it on the sweet spot it's amazing and the gear change is mega fast and instantly pulls like a train all the way up to the limiter in the next gear.:p

Craig

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Thank you mate :) will get a kit ordered up! It looks straight forward to fit, but is there any certain ways to fit the kit? I dont want to bugger it up lol

No worries mate, when you fit it use a little bit of thread lock on the studs and screw them in as tight as you can with your fingers as that will be adequate.

Whilst the pumps off check/replace the cam follower accordingly then replace the pump. Every time I do a follower check or change and put the pump back on i push the pump fully down so it's 100% seated to the head and keep this pressure on until all three nuts are seated and then torque them up to no more than 10nm. ;)

scotty1310

Feb 21, 2016
Kent
No worries mate, when you fit it use a little bit of thread lock on the studs and screw them in as tight as you can with your fingers as that will be adequate.

Whilst the pumps off check/replace the cam follower accordingly then replace the pump. Every time I do a follower check or change and put the pump back on i push the pump fully down so it's 100% seated to the head and keep this pressure on until all three nuts are seated and then torque them up to no more than 10nm. ;)

Awesome mate :) so just any threadlock glue will do?

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Bit of an update for the Cupra :)

H&R's have now been removed off the car and I've fitted AP coilovers.

Very happy with them so far. Handling has improved a good amount and the car feels much more sure footed in the turns.

Not fully settled yet and might decide to go slightly lower but going to give it another week or so before I decide.

Cheers

Craig

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
Yo Craig! :)

Long time no speak! :D

I've not been on here for a while, been doing all sorts of other things and lost track of time! :O Man you've had some serious work done since I last commented!

How're you finding Stage 2+? Those numbers look insane to me haha! I bet you have a Cheshire Cat smile when you hit the pedal? :D

I'm going to bite the bullet and take a shot of the side shot, I'm going to say front brakes? How far off am I if I'm wrong haha! :D

--Lee

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.