SW update for MIB2 infotainment system?

Stevan

Apr 8, 2017
Musselburgh
OK - so just done the H24 0245->0330->0346, pretty much 20mins for each from a class 10 SDCard.
Pretty painless, 0330 is ugly weird though - all entries on the menu screen began with exclamation marks but miceor on the Spanish Leon site does mention that 0330 is beta "and has known bugs (Do not be scared if you see strange things)".
I did a scan and fault clear on OBDeleven after 0330 and again after 0346 but I suspect this isn't necessary. There were only a couple of faults plus the one that refuses to go away. I followed niallain's post to get rid of that, although this is also covered in miceor's post.
After 0346 I had the mirrorlink entry on full link missing issue, no picture on air con setup screen and wrong shape of Leon on the car menu (I have the estate, sorry 'Sports Tourer'). All of which are covered in the miceor's spanish post and were easily resolved. It also lost all my navigation saved destinations but not the carbon effect tweak I'd done using OBDeleven a while back. I noticed a recurring navigation database connection fault in OBDeleven though, maybe related to the overall.nds method that I use on an original map SDcard to get latest available maps as detailed elsewhere in this forum...I'll look into that now, seems to work perfectly but it's been a while since I plugged OBDeleven in.

Anyhow - just for info - it's a bit squeaky bum but this worked well for me, 0330 is a bit scary though - it was a relief when 0346 booted and (nearly) everything looked back to normal. But, to be fair, the only improvement that I've really noticed so far is the posh new picture menu grid.

Thanks must go to miceor and everybody on here for detailing how to do this.

Last edited:

Andy1977

Jul 10, 2017
So after upgrading the firmware on my mib1 unit I have noticed few small changes, changes that can normally only be achieved via OBD programming.

I now have the drop left hand side mirror on reverse function, I get an FR logo on the HU on start up that wasn't there before and also the DRL settings in HU.

Thought that might be of interest to someone.
I am looking forward to receiving my OBD11 dongle in the post so I can make some more changes.

seventen710

Jul 18, 2012
Hampshire

niallain

Apr 9, 2017
Cardiff
Thanks for this. I'm looking to update my 0425 (MIB1?) system to 0480 in the hope if will fix some of the Bluetooth issues (missing audio metadata) that I have.

Since it was a while since the instructions were posted, can you recreate them here?

Am I likely to get any error codes when I update?

Thanks for your help.

Instructions can be found in the below post
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showpost.php?p=4702744&postcount=72

There is one fault code that will require a change on the ECU to clear permanently, I posted this in more detailed information in the below post
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showpost.php?p=4732096&postcount=2

seventen710

Jul 18, 2012
Hampshire
Thanks - do I need OBD11 to clear this code/ender the new HEX value, or can it be done from any OBD2 reader (eg Torque App)?

Last edited:

niallain

Apr 9, 2017
Cardiff
Thanks - do I need OBD11 to clear this code/ender the new HEX value, or can it be done from any OBD2 reader (eg Torque App)?

You need OBDeleven, unfortunately you can't write values using Torque :(

Infotainment systems works fine without clearing the fault though.

Last edited:

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
Have just found this Topic

My headunit is a 'Nav High' Model year MY2015 (just before MY2016)

Has MirrorLink but NOT FullLink

6.5" screen MIB2 with HDD
5F0035020A
Hardware H41
Software 0123

Does this have any updates available?
thanks

Last edited:

TheCropper

Jul 20, 2017
Hi all,

This update didn't work for me :(
Anyone know if there are any updates avail for HW: 40 :confused::confused:

cheers

great topic - keep it goin

Update - works fine on HW: 40, I had a dodgy SD card! used USB

Last edited:

Deleted member 98136

Hi there niallain, thanks for your help, I downloaded your file, had the same problem but eventually found out the problem was the USB sd card reader I was using. So used another I had and then had no problems, when finished I cleared the BA201A00 fault as per instructions and again no problems.

But I've got a fault showing in Module 19 Gateway - No communication Radio - Code comes up as U106600.

Any ideas ? Thanks again.

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Have just found this Topic

My headunit is a 'Nav High' Model year MY2015 (just before MY2016)

Has MirrorLink but NOT FullLink

6.5" screen MIB2 with HDD
5F0035020A
Hardware H41
Software 0123

Does this have any updates available?
thanks

I have Nav High MY 2016 with Full Link, Device pt no. same as your one, hardware H42, software 0319, Nav database V0395980122 ECE 2015/2016.
There are updates available, there is a guy on this forum who was selling them on Ebay and I believe the software version went up to 0818 and gave the latest look to the screen layout.

Last edited:

Deleted member 98136

have you tried to reset? does it come back?

KoNG,

Yes it does - did a search and that code appears not to be specfic to just VAG group vehicles, came up on a few American made cars, all linked to their radios.

Might add that although there supposedly is a fault on mine, according to to the OBD scan, everything seems to be working as it should.

The reason for updating to version 0480 was to try to get a better bluetooth connection, but I can't say its helped much, the OBD can take 10 / 15 mins to connect and my mobile occasionally still loses its connection and reconnects as I am driving.

vertico

Jul 22, 2017
Nottingham, UK
I have updated my HW: 040 SW: 0425 to SW 0480 by following this guide.
I put all the files onto a USB3 Flash drive. and plugged into the media in port.
The update took just under an hour.
No error codes encountered.

Post installation, navigation module does seem to be more responsive.

need to find a way to update my 2014 maps though.

Last edited:

Chrismalkinuk

Nov 17, 2015
Stoke on Trent
Is there any update for mine?
Can I update the maps too?

71277dc725db32995aa262f328ae2347.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cupi

Jun 11, 2017
I sent you instructions. You can try. I hope it fixes your problem.

Hi Yusuf I downloaded the MIB2 6,5" file from the Spanish forum but the unit does not start updating but shows the error: Cannot read the release info data...
Maybe only dealer can do it because it is one of the first late 2014 MIB2 Navigation Plus models? Or can you help?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.