Infotainment system upgrade firmware/Maps query

DrHoneyBEar

Feb 27, 2024
Greetings all,
I am confused as a result of work colleagues asserting different accounts of how to update the 6P0 Infotainment system firmware. Some are claiming that if I update Maps then firmware updates are also applied. Others are claiming that a Maps update is just that, and for a firmware update another file is required which can be found for around £20 [googling]. No idea what they mean or which one is correct - if either.
Can some good folk on here clarify please.
Thank you

DrHoneyBEar

Feb 27, 2024
How do I find out if my unit is per, merh, babablacksheep or whether the model is...

I believe mine is one of: Media System Plus, Navi System & Navi System Plus

But not sure what perh,mehr and other codes mean.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240227-184009.png
    Screenshot_20240227-184009.png
    160.7 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
You need the resource:

6P0 on a Seat is a Mib2 standard...

Don't follow the Seat website about deleting everything on the SD... you need the workaround as per the link. The overall.nds copy. There is a discussion section on the link.

If its a mib2 high (aka Seat Plus) you need long life FeCs these can be done via East Yorkshire Retrofit or you can either upgrade to 1447 AIO details on the firmware thread or use the mib2 high toolkit but that only works with specific firmware. It sits in memory and does an edit. It's what the like of East Yorkshire Retrofit would do on the work bench. 1447 AIO on the mibsolution website basically upgrades all components of 1447 and then runs the mib2 high toolbox at the end. It's written by mib2 enthusiasts.

The long running mib2 firmware thread:

DrHoneyBEar

Feb 27, 2024
Meant thanks @Tell
I shall when on this at weekend and come back to this thread. If all works, I need to buy someone a beer !! Well be in touch.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members