Anyone else getting mad clutch slip on their remapped Cupras?

NathanGMU

Sep 27, 2017
As it says in the title, remap's causing all kinds of clutch slips.

Some days it'll be fine, other days it'll slip in 6th and sometimes it will slip in 3rd-6th... making it very bad on fuel because I'm having to accelerate in 2nd gear on dual carriageways every time! :rofl:

Rick-24

Feb 24, 2005
Had mine mapped recently..... Can't say I've noticed it slipping yet:lol:.

Though awesome did say use the rpm. And not flooring it in high gears

At slow speed ie..... booting at 20-30 in 4th 5th and 6th:rolleyes::lol:

NathanGMU

Sep 27, 2017
Had mine mapped recently..... Can't say I've noticed it slipping yet:lol:.

Though awesome did say use the rpm. And not flooring it in high gears

At slow speed ie..... booting at 20-30 in 4th 5th and 6th:rolleyes::lol:

I'm only ever flooring it in 2nd and 3rd at those speeds, I'm a boost junkie...

It's pretty annoying...:cry:

Rick-24

Feb 24, 2005
I'm only ever flooring it in 2nd and 3rd at those speeds, I'm a boost junkie...

It's pretty annoying...:cry:

Ha yeah. The torque hit pretty addictive ..... all 311 lbft or 420nm in a little car makes for a good thrill....I wanna floor all the time but it dosent half guzzle through juice though when flooring it :cry:.....:lol::D

NathanGMU

Sep 27, 2017
Ha yeah. The torque hit pretty addictive ..... all 311 lbft or 420nm in a little car makes for a good thrill....I wanna floor all the time but it dosent half guzzle through juice though when flooring it :cry:.....:lol::D

My other car is an Evo so the Seat makes the MPGs look good :lol:

I love it because it can be a sleeper.

Rick-24

Feb 24, 2005
Yup, got an Evo 6 Tommi Makinen Edition if you know much about them :p

Haha nice:p. The red and white one? .... Yeah I'm sure I've been in one many moon s ago. There pretty quick though I seem to remember they are not that quick in standard form, does the cupra keep with it at all? Probably not in the corners I assume:whistle::lol:

NathanGMU

Sep 27, 2017
Haha nice:p. The red and white one? .... Yeah I'm sure I've been in one many moon s ago. There pretty quick though I seem to remember they are not that quick in standard form, does the cupra keep with it at all? Probably not in the corners I assume:whistle::lol:

The red and white is the standard colour, We've got it in blue. 1 owner from new with 12k miles on the clock, they're steadily rising in price!

It's 280bhp (supposedly, standard), getting a 0-60 time of around 4.3-4.6 seconds. Whereas, my Cupra at 250bhp is getting 5.5ish...

This one's been remapped (and that's the only thing we've done from OEM) to 340bhp, gets times around 3.9-4.1 secs to 60mph. [B)]
But no, the Cupra gets completely sharted on! The only time you think "wow, am I gonna do it?" is the initial turbo lag you get with the Evo, but as soon as that boost kicks in it's 'sayonara,' as the Japs say. :lol:

Last edited:

Rick-24

Feb 24, 2005
The red and white is the standard colour, We've got it in blue. 1 owner from new with 12k miles on the clock, they're steadily rising in price!

It's 280bhp (supposedly, standard), getting a 0-60 time of around 4.3-4.6 seconds. Whereas, my Cupra at 250bhp is getting 5.5ish...

This one's been remapped (and that's the only thing we've done from OEM) to 340bhp, gets times around 3.9-4.1 secs to 60mph. [B)]
But no, the Cupra gets completely sharted on! The only time you think "wow, am I gonna do it?" is the initial turbo lag you get with the Evo, but as soon as that boost kicks in it's 'sayonara,' as the Japs say. :lol:

Ha. Well it's always gonna get good times of the line being 4Wd. But I guess been mapped thats over nearly 100hp more. I bet cupra would beat a standard one rolling. As it has to push more drive train and a heavier shell I would of thought :p.... what mpg does evo get?:headhurt::lol:

NathanGMU

Sep 27, 2017
Ha. Well it's always gonna get good times of the line being 4Wd. But I guess been mapped thats over nearly 100hp more. I bet cupra would beat a standard one rolling. As it has to push more drive train and a heavier shell I would of thought :p.... what mpg does evo get?:headhurt::lol:

I'm gonna test it rolling one day in the spring, the evo is a garage queen and only comes out in dry weather :lol:

The Evo actually only weighs 100kg more or something, it's an animal!

It probably gets about 18-23 mpg if you drive totally normally - but when I have it out, I don't drive it normally... so probably about 8 :rolleyes:

evo.jpg

Rick-24

Feb 24, 2005
I'm gonna test it rolling one day in the spring, the evo is a garage queen and only comes out in dry weather :lol:

The Evo actually only weighs 100kg more or something, it's an animal!

It probably gets about 18-23 mpg if you drive totally normally - but when I have it out, I don't drive it normally... so probably about 8 :rolleyes:

evo.jpg

Nice.... ha at garage queen:lol:.... I would of thought it would weigh more than 1250kg I mean ibiza is only 1100kg-50 I think. 8mpg though haha Christ I'd be crying :lol:.... I'm sure it's good fun though. You think that would keep up with the new audi rs3 or rstt?:p

NathanGMU

Sep 27, 2017
Nice.... ha at garage queen:lol:.... I would of thought it would weigh more than 1250kg I mean ibiza is only 1100kg-50 I think. 8mpg though haha Christ I'd be crying :lol:.... I'm sure it's good fun though. You think that would keep up with the new audi rs3 or rstt?:p

Well, my Ibiza's 1260kg I think? The Evo is 1310kg.

Funny you should ask that about the RS3, I have a friend with a '16 reg RS3 with the Audi Sport Exhaust... sounds lovely.

We raced, I had 3 of us in the car weighing about 240kg in total vs. just him (he's a skinny guy, maybe 60kg)! He was about 1/2 a wheel in front of me so I think if it had just been me it would be a different story.

One thing that smashed the RS3 though was - despite the RS3 being 4WD - the Evo ruined it on the corners/roundabouts. - Best race I've ever had.

It amazes me to think a 17 year old car is tearing up basically everything on the real world roads :cartman:

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Buddy who used to import hot JDM iron reckoned his Evo VI TME was the best car he ever brought in. Had a fair few upgrades, and he found it way superior to the C Spec Impreza and the 500+ bhp R33 he had around the same time.

NathanGMU

Sep 27, 2017
Buddy who used to import hot JDM iron reckoned his Evo VI TME was the best car he ever brought in. Had a fair few upgrades, and he found it way superior to the C Spec Impreza and the 500+ bhp R33 he had around the same time.

They're a hell of a car!

It's always been a huge temptation to do more to it than remap it but the last pristine one sold at Silverstone for £47,000.

No way would we do anything to jeopardise the value!! :blink:

Rick-24

Feb 24, 2005
Well, my Ibiza's 1260kg I think? The Evo is 1310kg.

Funny you should ask that about the RS3, I have a friend with a '16 reg RS3 with the Audi Sport Exhaust... sounds lovely.

We raced, I had 3 of us in the car weighing about 240kg in total vs. just him (he's a skinny guy, maybe 60kg)! He was about 1/2 a wheel in front of me so I think if it had just been me it would be a different story.

One thing that smashed the RS3 though was - despite the RS3 being 4WD - the Evo ruined it on the corners/roundabouts. - Best race I've ever had.

It amazes me to think a 17 year old car is tearing up basically everything on the real world roads :cartman:

Are the ibiza cupra 1.8tsi really that heavy?..... and I'm amazed you got any where near the new rs3 with 400hp and that trick gearbox. They say new rs3 or Rs tt is quicker than the mk1 r8s :blink::-o

NathanGMU

Sep 27, 2017
Are the ibiza cupra 1.8tsi really that heavy?..... and I'm amazed you got any where near the new rs3 with 400hp and that trick gearbox. They say new rs3 or Rs tt is quicker than the mk1 r8s :blink::-o

The RS3 is 370bhp and weighs a few hundred kilos more, like 1600 or 1700kgs...

It would also give the Mk1 R8 430BHP a go, for sure. They're about 4.5secs to 60... driving stick is obviously the hard part but actually, it has a lovely gearbox.

And yep, pretty sure it's 1260kg, the Cupra.

Rick-24

Feb 24, 2005
I'm pretty sure the brand new rs3 and the new tt rs is 400bhp. They raced it on YouTube. Pretty much wiped the floor with all the fastest hatchbacks :p oh and thered mapped ones with 500bhp

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.