Ibiza Cupra Sport Mode/ RPM problem

Nov 28, 2023
So I recently picked up my 2015 1.4 DSG Ibiza Cupra and whilst driving it back ive noticed things that i dont feel are right, I bought it from an official SEAT/CUPRA garage and its just had a major service and full refurb, the works. So as im driving it feels great, Until i try and drop a couple gears to give it some beans, As i do this say at 6th and the car drops down to 3rd and the revs shoot up the car seems to just go limp and the accelerator does nothing until i paddle back up to 5th/6th and it kicks back in but until i do that the gas just doesnt respond and the revs go up and bounce off of 3000RPM.

Also when in sport mode, It doesnt seem to want to go above 2nd gear, if i pull out in sport mode it shifts up to 2nd fine and then in 2nd it again bounces off 3000rpm and doesnt change up automatically? This is my first automatic car and it could just be me trying to do something i shouldnt be? Not too sure but something just doesnt seem right, The check engine light has also popped up and is there to stay, Going to give them a call and see what they say as i do have a warranty but was wondering if anyone has any idea on here about this or similar issues. Thanks a lot.