Options affecting Leon lead times

Tristan

Nov 12, 2017
After ordering in early September :-

'Hi,

The car now has a build date scheduled for the week commencing 8th January. The car should take around 3-4 weeks to arrive, so we should see it by early February. If this should change I will let you know.

Kind regards,
Chris Clark
Local Business Development Manager
Arnold Clark SEAT'

Now I just need to ask if it will have the digital cockpit, that would be nice!

Is it just the Cupra getting the digital cockpit? I may be unusual but I'd much rather have traditional analogue dials, so hoping my FR due late March won't have it.

BenWilliams21

Ben Williams
Aug 12, 2017
Hertfordshire
Is it just the Cupra getting the digital cockpit? I may be unusual but I'd much rather have traditional analogue dials, so hoping my FR due late March won't have it.
Only the cupra for now

Completely agree with you. Don't see the point in it myself, just another gimmick to go wrong and cost loads of money to fix.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Picked it up last night. Absolutely loving it. Got everything set up now including the logos for the DAB stations and the Android Auto. It's also got the illuminated FR logo on the sills which was unexpected. I'm sure there's plenty more to explore.

Looking forward to a milder day to give it a proper wash and dry
8086997f80fb3d2fcfc2fd5d52d02e93.jpg
223db501576be9bc2cb1dd81e65c875d.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
df94ba3eab1f5509a0506037c453975e.jpg

Looks awesome!!

I’ll update the spreadsheet with all the deliveries and updates soon. Seems to be some movement which is good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TallTom

Oct 16, 2017
Tiny update on my Cupra ST order (mid Oct). I now have an order number but the dealer couldn’t give me any indication of potential build week as yet. Am I right I’m thinking SEAT customer service may be able to give me a mythical unconfirmed build week?

pavarotti1980

Jul 18, 2017
Tiny update on my Cupra ST order (mid Oct). I now have an order number but the dealer couldn’t give me any indication of potential build week as yet. Am I right I’m thinking SEAT customer service may be able to give me a mythical unconfirmed build week?

confirmed build week is a mythical number. They pluck unconfirmed ones out of thin air :rofl:

Zippy

Jul 4, 2017
FAO Luke - not sure if the salesman meant confirmed or not.

But he did say I should have it by 6th December, so I hope it's confirmed.

Not holding my breath mind!

Looks like week 45 was a confirmed build week because the dealer phoned today to let us know that the car is on a boat and we should be able to take delivery in one or two weeks.

slamka33

Dec 6, 2014
I have visited Seat dealer and..big surprise..
My spec has a waiting time of 9 months.
WTF ?!??? 9 months for ST FR 1.4 TSI ACT DSG with some basic additionals ??
I want to buy SEAT, not Bugatti !!

VW Golf/Passat delivery time - 10 weeks..
Gues what will be my next car?!?
Pitty.. I really love design of Leon. But will not wait for it 9 months!!

BenWilliams21

Ben Williams
Aug 12, 2017
Hertfordshire
I'm kind of surprised that you're shocked. It's no lie the 1.4 has huge wait times, is why I changed mine to the 1.8 and shaved a chunk of the wait time off.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Tristan

Nov 12, 2017
I have visited Seat dealer and..big surprise..
My spec has a waiting time of 9 months.
WTF ?!??? 9 months for ST FR 1.4 TSI ACT DSG with some basic additionals ??

Did they say why it was so high? I was given 20 weeks for a FR 1.4 TSI ACT manual with no options, that was 2 weeks ago. Is the ST a longer wait? Or was it a particular option that pushed it up?

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
I had a phone call from Raheel (SEAT complaints manager) earlier. I took the call but I was at work so had to cut it short, phoned back, he was unavailable and I was told he would call me back but he didn’t .

Essentially though, I’ve been given a CONFIRMED build week of week 2, delivery expected 3-4 weeks after that.

He started to discuss a goodwill gesture before I had to end the call. According to Raheel the car will be 3-4 weeks later than I was told when I ordered it, not sure how he worked that out!? He said that he would be able to discuss a goodwill gesture when it’s delivered, and he knows exactly how delayed it was.

I need to see if my dealer will keep it until March now . He’ll probably say no as I’ve moaned about it getting it sooner for so long! However, I’ve managed to find a house and have an offer accepted since I ordered the car . I’ve been told to try and delay delivery until after we’ve completed the purchase, so not to affect the mortgage (which doesn’t include the additional cost of the new car).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
I have just ordered Seat Leon ST 1.2tsi SE Dynamic Technology in purple on a lease deal. I am waiting for a delivery date to be confirmed so at the moment I have no idea. Does anyone have the same model on order that could let me know how long you have been waiting? I'm hoping it will be Feb/March.

Did you order any options and on which date did you order?

Spreadsheet updated guys - HERE

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.