New 12v Battery Advice

Shminkypinky

Dec 1, 2017
Went to use car this morning and the battery was dead. Have charged up but it seems the car doesn’t hold charge. My neighbour has done some voltage tests and informs me that the voltage increases when running ruling out the alternator. So it looks like it’s new battery time.
Car is a 2019 Cupra so it’s coming up to 5 years.
I usually like to use the dealership but am conscious they won’t have any availability tomorrow.
Has anyone had any experience with Halfords and how do their prices compare to Seat dealership?
I am aware the battery needs to be coded. Any advice welcomed. Thanks you.

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Went to use car this morning and the battery was dead. Have charged up but it seems the car doesn’t hold charge. My neighbour has done some voltage tests and informs me that the voltage increases when running ruling out the alternator. So it looks like it’s new battery time.
Car is a 2019 Cupra so it’s coming up to 5 years.
I usually like to use the dealership but am conscious they won’t have any availability tomorrow.
Has anyone had any experience with Halfords and how do their prices compare to Seat dealership?
I am aware the battery needs to be coded. Any advice welcomed. Thanks you.
If you can wait a day or so then Tanya Batteries is excellent, obviously you would have to fit it yourself.

Shminkypinky

Dec 1, 2017
If you can wait a day or so then Tanya Batteries is excellent, obviously you would have to fit it yourself.
Thanks for the link. I can fit no problem. It’s the coding that’s the issue!

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
do you have carista/obd11/vcds or access to them as the coding is very simple.

Shminkypinky

Dec 1, 2017
So. Going to order from Tanya and will program with Carista! Will save me £100 from Halfords price. Going to go for a Yuasa battery! Thank for everyone’s advice, very much appreciated!

BillyCool

Jan 16, 2020
Leicestershire, UK
So. Going to order from Tanya and will program with Carista! Will save me £100 from Halfords price. Going to go for a Yuasa battery! Thank for everyone’s advice, very much appreciated!
I recently had an issue with a new like for like Varta battery. My garage put a Yuasa in it and it's started perfectly first time. Even stopped the long crank issues that sometimes occur. I also coded mine with Carista.

Reactions: Shminkypinky

Shminkypinky

Dec 1, 2017
So a local independent price matched a Yuasa battery to Tayna (result). Fitted battery today (following the Tayna guide).
Had a few errors which cleared when driving. Cleared fault codes with Carista and coded battery also! Fingers crossed it’s all good now!
Thank you all for your help and advice! Much appreciated!

Reactions: RUM4MO
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.