Seat Leon 2020 Start/Stop Business 115cv 1.6

Nov 14, 2023
Dear Community,

I just bought a Seat Leon 2020 Start/Stop Business 115cv 1.6 with a missing cover in the front bumper and parking front sensor (picture below)
sdgfg.JPG

Could you please help me to found where I can bought those parts ?
For parking sensor I have this message "ParkingPilot Error" Do you need a configuration after fixing the missing sensor ?
Thank you all for your help.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Dealer for the towing eye cover.

If the front sensors are factory they fit from inside the bumper and are held on with adhesive pads. Good chance the sensor has just been pushed in and is hanging inside the bumper. If you remove the engine undertray and the plastic trim on the back edge of the bumper you might be able to see it.

Nov 14, 2023
Dealer for the towing eye cover.

If the front sensors are factory they fit from inside the bumper and are held on with adhesive pads. Good chance the sensor has just been pushed in and is hanging inside the bumper. If you remove the engine undertray and the plastic trim on the back edge of the bumper you might be able to see it.
Thank you for your reply, I'll check if it is only pushed inside. But If it's the case normally it should work but it seems that's it's disconnected because I have this message when I start the engine "ParkingPilot Error".
Do you have some suggestion for towing eye cover Dealer please ?

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Do you have some suggestion for towing eye cover Dealer please ?
Any Seat dealer. I'd just call one, get them to mail you a cover.

If the sensor is lost I doubt you'll be able to buy a single sensor, I've only ever seen them sold in sets. You'll probably have to find out the brand of the system and buy a set to get the sensor or you might be able to pick one up from a breakers? Or eBay?

Reactions: Naobe

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
If that system is factory fitted by SEAT, and as it seems to be enabled but faulty, then yes you could buy individual sensors from SEAT or even the front bumper cable if it is it that is damaged - though as @Mr Pig said above, you will probably find that the sensor has fallen back into the void behind the bumper. The centre sensor and the outer sensors might be different versions, ie type - or might not be, on my car there were two different versions depending on if they were "inline" or "right angled" - which just describes the orientation of the connector on the sensor. There should also be a soft plastic washer at gets located over the sensor to fill the space between the sensor and the hole in the bumper. For factory fitting of these sensors, at least some of the VW Group marques have the sensor mounting clips "hot glued" to the bumper cover - and cars built like that very rarely end up with the sensor bracket falling off. If the the sensor mounting clip has been broken off the bumper cover, and you can not reuse it, you can buy new suitable sensor brackets which you would ideally glue to the inside of the bumper skin as using the normal sticky tape might not last for long.

Reactions: Naobe and Mr Pig
Nov 14, 2023
Any Seat dealer. I'd just call one, get them to mail you a cover.

If the sensor is lost I doubt you'll be able to buy a single sensor, I've only ever seen them sold in sets. You'll probably have to find out the brand of the system and buy a set to get the sensor or you might be able to pick one up from a breakers? Or eBay?
Thank you @Mr Pig, here is my e-mail in case the dealer you suggest want to contact me : [email protected].
For the sensor I can find a set or one in eBay but I'll check first the brand the system.

Nov 14, 2023
If that system is factory fitted by SEAT, and as it seems to be enabled but faulty, then yes you could buy individual sensors from SEAT or even the front bumper cable if it is it that is damaged - though as @Mr Pig said above, you will probably find that the sensor has fallen back into the void behind the bumper. The centre sensor and the outer sensors might be different versions, ie type - or might not be, on my car there were two different versions depending on if they were "inline" or "right angled" - which just describes the orientation of the connector on the sensor. There should also be a soft plastic washer at gets located over the sensor to fill the space between the sensor and the hole in the bumper. For factory fitting of these sensors, at least some of the VW Group marques have the sensor mounting clips "hot glued" to the bumper cover - and cars built like that very rarely end up with the sensor bracket falling off. If the the sensor mounting clip has been broken off the bumper cover, and you can not reuse it, you can buy new suitable sensor brackets which you would ideally glue to the inside of the bumper skin as using the normal sticky tape might not last for long.
Thank you for your feedback @RUM4MO, before I buy the sensor I'll check if if the mounting clips is broken and it's still inside in this case I'll see also if I need to buy a bracket to fix it.

Nov 14, 2023
Hello @Mr Pig & @RUM4MO I go back to you following our last discussion , Actually I bought the front sensor with this reference "5Q0919275C" and I mount it but I sill have the same problem.
The only thing that has been changed is when I start the ignition I don't have the error message but once I touch the clutch pedal I have the error message back.
For the orignal sensor it was broken unfortunately and I had to change it.
Do you I need to make a diagnostic with VCDS to see where the problem come from ?
I would like to have your suggestion thank you for your help :)

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
I would have expected it just to work with the new sensor, I doubt there is any coding involved. It's possible you've got the wrong sensor or there is a wiring issue somewhere. Maybe the wire to that sensor is damaged. It's possible there is another fault somewhere else and the missing sensor is coincidental. Have you checked the other ones?

Nov 14, 2023
I would have expected it just to work with the new sensor, I doubt there is any coding involved. It's possible you've got the wrong sensor or there is a wiring issue somewhere. Maybe the wire to that sensor is damaged. It's possible there is another fault somewhere else and the missing sensor is coincidental. Have you checked the other ones?
Actually, while I was in germany for holiday I've made a diagnostic in audi and we tested all front sensor the only one was not working is the damaged one that's why I changed only this one.
Do I need to code it or something because I saw some videos only by changing the sensor it works that's why I'm a little bit confused.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Do I need to code it or something because I saw some videos only by changing the sensor it works that's why I'm a little bit confused.
I don't think there will be any coding involved, it's a very simple thing. That's why I'm suspecting an issue elsewhere. Or a faulty sensor, where did you get it?

What you could try is swapping the sensor for a known-good one and see if that works. That will confirm if it's the sensor itself or something else.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
No coding needed, a new one just needs plugging in - and the logged faults cleared, but, maybe the connector is faulty, or its wiring.

The way that these sensors are wired into the car is, they all, in the same bumper, get a common +12V and a common -VE(earth) and individual O/P line to the controller.

VCDS will identify which sensor or sensors are not working correctly.

If you have taken the bumper cover off you can check the bumper cable form wiring, pin 1 on each of the sensor plugs should be connected together and is the +12V supply, pin 3 on each of the sensor plugs should be connected together and is the -VE(earth return), that just leaves the pin 2 which is the individual sensor O/Ps.

Reactions: SuperV8 and Mr Pig
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.