what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Alor blue. Which unfortunately they do not offer for the facelift

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I would have chosen this colour on a shiny new 300 if it were available :(

The Mystery blue is nice but I much prefer this colour, haven't seen many of them in the flesh tbh.

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Alor Blue :)

Seat Leon Cupra 290 DSG Black Edition (Alor Blue)
Performance: Racingline OEM+ Stage Two Mapping | Racingline R600 Intake | Racingline Turbo Inlet Pipe | Racingline Turbo Elbow | Racingline Muffler Delete | OEM NGK Audi RS7 Spark Plugs | 034 Motorsport Dogbone Mount | GFB DV+ | Milltek Large Bore Downpipe | Pipewerx Custom Cat Back Exhaust | Forge Turbo Blanket
Interior: Koonlung K1S Dash Cam with BlackVue Power Magic Pro
Exterior: TRC Front Splitter | Foliatec Exhaust Paint Gloss Black

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
So you dont want to make your car better?:confused:

Each on their own, i like what i drive, and it has nothing to do with luck.
I think its better than stock Cupra...looks better, drivers better, goes better.
I always look the way to upgrade things i have, home, cars...

I dont know what kind of Cupra drivers are in your country,
but you remind me a lot like typical Cupra drivers in here...
They think with their stock Cupra that its a somekind of super car,
then they go bossing around on the roads and its a good laugh when they start to push like cocky colts and you walk away from them in (their eyes crappy) an FR.
Just like typical beemer drivers...
"move away ****ers king of the road is here[B)]...oh ****...wait...mommy :cry:"
"...Well that tuned **** will blow up anytime now...:whistle:"

And once again, i like Cupras alot, but its still just a Seat like the rest of them,
Id bought one for sure if the price difference would not be so rediculous compared to 180tsi or 184tdi.

For sure Cupra will give good value for the money when compared to A45 AMG or RS3 in here that costs as twice what Cupra is (Cupra starting at 39,900€ vs A45 71,500€ Va RS3 82,000€)
Tune up here and there for few xxxx€ and it can give the "oh **** moments" to peeps driving with those superhatches.

I don't know how old you are, but at my advanced age I've found I don't have to prove anything to anybody, particularly people in other cars. I drive fast because I like it. But what annoys me is that you can come up behind a boy racer and you can see the mental gears grinding slowly as the right foot gets buried for a race. Which can be interesting until they start using all the road in an attempt to stay on it. That's when I leave them to their stupidity.
I've also learned that reliability is inversely proportional to the extra power you squeeze out of an engine not designed for it.

Deleted member 103408

A polish & layer of wax and I don't think there's anything better.

I spend way too much time cleaning my own car let alone anyone else's haha
and all that hard work has paid off. car looks great.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

AndyP

Sep 5, 2017
Manchester
Today I was going to clean my cupra but work have called me in early so instead I went to see my mate and asked him to turn down the sound actuator. I'm so glad I did I can now enjoy my car properly.

Will clean it at the weekend

g_berserk

Smartass in training
Oct 15, 2014
Monterrey, Mexico
Today I found a small oil spot on the garage floor, checked under the car and there's a stain where the transmission and engine block come together right next to the oil pan.

Also I got a warning of low coolant (second time in 6 months with the car) but when I opened the reservoir cap levels went back to normal.

Judging by the records, the previous owner skipped the DSG service at 60k kms (car is currently 73k kms) and I'm starting to get paranoid that I bought a lemon without knowing :cry:

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Just in case some of you haven’t seen it, here’s a link to the Seat Workshop Manuals:

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=442353

Happy fettling :)

Seat Leon Cupra 290 DSG Black Edition (Alor Blue)
Performance: Racingline OEM+ Stage Two Mapping | Racingline R600 Intake | Racingline Turbo Inlet Pipe | Racingline Turbo Elbow | Racingline Muffler Delete | OEM NGK Audi RS7 Spark Plugs | 034 Motorsport Dogbone Mount | GFB DV+ | Milltek Large Bore Downpipe | Pipewerx Custom Cat Back Exhaust | Forge Turbo Blanket
Interior: Koonlung K1S Dash Cam with BlackVue Power Magic Pro
Exterior: TRC Front Splitter | Foliatec Exhaust Paint Gloss Black

g_berserk

Smartass in training
Oct 15, 2014
Monterrey, Mexico
Finally got my spacers :funk:

15mm front, 20mm rear

eAlSXwf.jpg

E4GVpMf.jpg

didn't dare to go any further so it won't rub when fully loaded. I won't eve be messing wit the height, but still better to be on the safe side

Eggy

Jun 3, 2016
Estonia
Last week got a rock into my 290's windscreen. Now the crack has grown about 4-50cm long. On 25th the windscreen will be replaced. Unfortunately they did not offer any heated screen :D

Jay280

Oct 7, 2015
Finally got my soundaktor turned down to 0% with my mates Carista. It's sooooo much better without it!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

silles

May 4, 2017
Finally got my soundaktor turned down to 0% with my mates Carista. It's sooooo much better without it!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

dummy question, but is the soundaktor only active in cupra mode or in other modes as well?

Mysticmorgan

Jan 19, 2018
Cardiff
I made a excuse to my Boss that we need to get Breakfast from a cafe couple of miles away. I offered to drive
146fea1daa954ef990f182cecdb0f78b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

who.am.i

Leon FR
Jan 23, 2016
EU
Just passed 50k km mark in my Grey One, in 20months.
He is filthy from outside,so this weekend we will take a good bath :)

Poslano z mojega D5803 z uporabo Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members