Phillips1795

VCDS - How To Guides - MK3 Leon 5F

thefunkygibbon

Mk3 Leon Cupra 280
Jan 9, 2012
anyone know if its possible to increase the length of time it takes to moan that you're using Lane Assist? I think the default is 10 seconds before it beeps and deactivates.
A fair few times when driving it has seemingly randomly beeped at me, thinking it was using Lane Assist (must have only very lightly been holding the wheel).

VictorLeon

Sep 7, 2015
Hello,

I have studied these codes (thank you for all of them), and I have a few mod suggestions:

1) Turning signal - in the back - using the DRL from the back - we know how to activate DRLs on the back, we just need to know how to make it blink like the front DRLs (we also have to deactivate the yellow turning bulb)

2) when flashing (high beam) - how can I change it into bringing DRLs at full brightness?

Thank you!

Tom_91

Feb 9, 2015
St. Albans
I'm not sure the first mod is possible with the sidelights or headlights on as the rear DRLs would already be lit and coded as running lights.

For the second one, aren't the front DRLs already at max brightness when turned on?

VictorLeon

Sep 7, 2015
Well, I've managed to set blinking on rear taillights.

1) Set tailights as DRLs (as in tutorial, Leuchte 23, 24, 26 and 27)

2) Set blinking as for front DRLs (as in tutorial for the front ones, except it's for Leuchte 23,24,26,27, G, GH)

3) Deactivate yellow bulbs for blinking (Leuchte18 and 19, function A - not active).

See my result: youtu.be/1wiPEyqLTr0

The only problem is that whenever I take the key out of the ignition (so tailights are not running any more as DRLs), in the back of the car the is no lightning for emergency blinkers.

Can you suggest me a solution to try?

For the moment, I am thinking of two ways:

a) change their function from DRLs only to blinkers (as in tutorial, but instead of DRL will set them as blinkers somehow)

b) check how actual yellow blinkers were set up, and add the same function to 23/24/26/27

Any advice would be great.

----------------

Well, a solution crossed my mind, so I went back at the car and tried it out.

I went back to step 1 (setting tailights as DRLs), and I've set them to blink. They do not work as DRLs anymore, but they do work as turning lights (no matter what conditions).

youtube.com/watch?v=L286_h5MA34

------------------------

Update 2:

So I thought it isn't ok to dim completely the tail lights when blinking, so I thought at the following solution:

1) during daytime (only with DRL active/or not), turning blinkers are the back DRL+Brake LEDs

2) during night (with low beam on), turning blinkers are only with brake LEDs (back DRLs do not shut off anymore when blinking).

youtu.be/HHK7Z1B4XMA

Last edited:

slamka33

Dec 6, 2014
Anyone can share a method how to disable auto-rear-wiper during reverse during rain (front wipers auto/on). I want just manual...

Deleted member 98136

Having just enabled rear led tail lights to be on at the same time as the front led DRLs, I notice that as a consequence of doing so, the instrument dials/light switch and all the switches are also illuminated, is this normal ?

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Having just enabled rear led tail lights to be on at the same time as the front led DRLs, I notice that as a consequence of doing so, the instrument dials/light switch and all the switches are also illuminated, is this normal ?

Yes, I need to get round to doing this.

Deleted member 98136

Thanks for your reply Andrew, so its obviously normal for this scenario, proves to me that I haven't messed things up.

There apparently is a fix for this so only the rear lights are illuminated, found this on the stemi.de site :- http://www.stemei.de/pages/coding/seat-leon-5f/tagfahrlicht-mit-rueckleuchten.php

Also found on there a way to add a menu item to select DRLs on or off.

Did both items, but could not get either working, presume when these were posted it was via VCDS version 12.12.0 , just wondered as I was using the latest version 15.07 , might this have had a bearing on neither working ?

VictorLeon

Sep 7, 2015
Leuchte23, 24, 26 and 27 are the tail lights. You must go to one letter (D/G or a letter which has "not active") and set it do "daytime running lights".

Deleted member 98136

Leuchte23, 24, 26 and 27 are the tail lights. You must go to one letter (D/G or a letter which has "not active") and set it do "daytime running lights".

Victor - presume this is a reply for Tom_91 - 2 posts currently running, both which make reference to the rear lights, confusing :confused:

Bogwoppit

Aug 30, 2005
Lincs
Has anyone figured out if it's possile to enable the HMI sports interface on a non-Cupra MY16?
I have looked on google but I couldn't find anything.

Last edited:

VictorLeon

Sep 7, 2015
Update:

I have turned off all my tweaks (came back to standard).

- blinking with front DRL - turned off (I am afraid of burning something)
- blinking with brake lights - turned off, turned yellow blinkers back on

hammers666

Sep 20, 2015
Hi all, had my FR 184 SC for a couple of weeks and after fitting a piper cross filter and a revo remap I'm gagging for more, is there anyone in Herts /Beds that can implement some VCDS changes for me. Specifically I'm looking for the cornering fog lights, carbon Cupra background, auto mirror fold and rear DRL. Also wondering if there was any way to set ESP off as default with the option to enable when the weather requires it as it keeps turning itself back on when I restart the car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

slamka33

Dec 6, 2014
Which version of VCDS do you use for Leon 5f?
I tried to mod my rear wiper, but I received error response from VCDS when trying to enter STG 09 (Board Network)..
Using VCDS 11.11.2

hammers666

Sep 20, 2015
I don't have VCDS I'm looking for someone to do it for some beer tokens.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise