Phillips1795

VCDS - How To Guides - MK3 Leon 5F

vwooks

Aug 26, 2013
Has anyone managed to turn ESC off with Vagcom?

I don't quite understand how to implement the changes posted earlier in the thread.

Something like this.
Screenshot_2016-01-16-21-38-08_zpsf93zsd6d.png

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

altea-ego

Dec 7, 2004
CARBON BACKGROUND TO MEDIA SCREEN

Select 5F ( Information Electronics )
Then coding - 07
Then click on "long coding helper"
Go down to byte 17
Un-tick bit 1
Tick bit 2
Exit
Click "do it"
After it says code accepted - come out of all the controllers
Do a system reset - hold power button in for 30 seconds

You now have carbon background to the media unit.

Just tried this, but on mine bit0 was ticked and I ticked bit 1 to get the carbon media screen.

Chrismalkinuk

Nov 17, 2015
Stoke on Trent
Cool - might try this.

I have run mine as low as I dare ( last bar flashing and 0 miles remaining ) and I still can't get the quoted 50ltr in to the tank

Best I have achieved is 48.18ltr at fill up.

I get an error in vcds when trying to do this....

Coding rejected
error 81: Unknown (0x81)

Max M4X WW

Jan 20, 2015
Nr. Guildford
Does anyone have VCDS in the Hampshire area? I have an auto headlight switch that I need coding.

I will happily pay for fuel / beer money.

Thanks

bobajob69

Sep 20, 2015
Southampton, UK
I have in Southampton. You may recognise me from other thread. Bought sensor and switch too.

Coded blower, red lights, the sensor and the switch although need to make some adjustments as headlights seem to be on most of the time....

LuKnee

Feb 25, 2016
Hi, I have just brought my first ever Seat! after getting fed up with Vauxhalls! I love my new car and when I noticed all the mods you guys are doing with VCDS I had to give it ago.
Unfortantly the only things I have been able to acheive is needle sweep! defienatly not worth the money so far!
Everything I want todo is under 09 Cent. Elect. and when I try to go into it I get a "No response from controller" message!
I have a 2014 Seat Leon ST and am using VCDS 11.11.3
Has anyone come across this issue or have any ideas about what todo?
I want to fit a reversing Camera (Which I've already brought) and with being able to get into this it was another waste!
Many thanks in advanced.
Ash

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Hi, I have just brought my first ever Seat! after getting fed up with Vauxhalls! I love my new car and when I noticed all the mods you guys are doing with VCDS I had to give it ago.
Unfortantly the only things I have been able to acheive is needle sweep! defienatly not worth the money so far!
Everything I want todo is under 09 Cent. Elect. and when I try to go into it I get a "No response from controller" message!
I have a 2014 Seat Leon ST and am using VCDS 11.11.3
Has anyone come across this issue or have any ideas about what todo?
I want to fit a reversing Camera (Which I've already brought) and with being able to get into this it was another waste!
Many thanks in advanced.
Ash

It may be the age of your VCDS or the cable you are using - the mk3 leon needs the hex+can cable IIRC

Current VCDS version is 15.7.4 and I know there has been a recent firmware update for the cable too.

LuKnee

Feb 25, 2016
Wow thanks for such quick responses, got the correct cable and key is in the right place, wouldn't let me update software earlier, will have to try it again later. Thanks guys.

who.am.i

Leon FR
Jan 23, 2016
EU
Wow thanks for such quick responses, got the correct cable and key is in the right place, wouldn't let me update software earlier, will have to try it again later. Thanks guys.
if your vagcom cable is from china/its fake/not geniue ross tech, dont update it.

vag familia

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.