Rear wiper access

tully

Jul 21, 2014
Rural Devon
Hi Everyone.

I need to access the rear wiper motor & light electrics on my 2000 Bammy (facelift model).
What's the best procedure to remove the rear door panels without damaging clips etc...? I don't see any screws or bolts staring me in the face.

Thanks in advance :cheers:

Tully

90landrover

Jul 1, 2008
Rhondda,S Wales
Open the tailgate. On the doorclose pull down handle you will see a circular plastic cover either side of the handle. Remove these covers and you will find two screws - remove these screws.
Open the access covers either side of the inside of the door that give access to the fog lamp/reverse lamp bulb holders ( by the way on both my alhambra's there was only one fog light working but the vehicles were wired up to have both sides working - they only required a bulb to be fitted to the non operational unit ) if you look inside the covers you will see a Philips type screw on either side of vehicle - remove these screws. You should now find that the door panel becomes loose and you will need to flex the panel enough to remove the plastic fittings around the door cover. Then you will need to lift the panel slightly to release it from two clips at the window end of the panel. Be careful the panel is not heavy just awkward. Inside here you will find the rear wiper motor. If you just need to access the rear fog/reversing lamps you will only need to remove the small clip on panels either side of the inside of the door. Also if you are having electrical issues with the rear door electrics I would firstly look at the bundle of wires that go from the roof of the car into the rear door ( top left of open door I think) because the wires are so small they tend to break with the opening/closing of the rear door flexing them. let me know how you get on.

tully

Jul 21, 2014
Rural Devon
Thanks 90landrover.
I am having trouble with the frail wires coming through the bulkhead. Someone has previously soldered them but they are a mess so my lights & wiper are intermittent. I want to remove the wiper motor and lubricate it whilst I investigate the wiring issues.
I'll have a go at the weekend if I get the time. Cheers.

tully

Jul 21, 2014
Rural Devon
Hi 90landrover

All sorted. Got the panel removed just as you described and got a local auto electrician to replace the duff wiring.
Good job he was there to help me re-assemble it too... :funk:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members