REAR WIPER NOT WORKING.

Dec 27, 2021
Hi everyone, my rear wiper has stopped working and I replaced the motor and still no joy. its a 2012 Leon SuperCopa 1p1. I have checked its getting power and its getting 12volts but what I have found is I'm getting 12 volts across 3 wires (constant). I've also checked the wires at the boot to check for breaks and all seems ok. I'm not sure what relay to check as I'm getting mixed info on which is the right one. i have 3 373 relays and 1 643 relay. I'm at a loss with this and cant seem to find anything online in regards to my issue. any help would be appreciated. thanks.

Dec 27, 2021
yeah that's what's getting me too. if I could find out what relay runs that system then I know it defo wont be that. if its not a relay the only other thing I can think of is the switch. after that, I'm stumped

Feb 19, 2024
Have you tried putting 12v to the motor to see if it works? I would have thought one of the 3 lives should be an earth?
Do you have a wiring diagram at all?

Dec 27, 2021
Have you tried putting 12v to the motor to see if it works? I would have thought one of the 3 lives should be an earth?
Do you have a wiring diagram at all?
I've not tried that but I've fitted a new motor and also tried a known working motor but still nothing. I'm led to believe of the 2 outer cables 1 is live and the other 1 is earth and the middle 2 are connected to the switch. and no I cant seem to find any diagrams online.

Feb 19, 2024
Have you tested the switch which is part of the stalk as that could be at fault. Does the rear washer jet work when pulled back further on the stalk? And definitely 12v on multimeter? Just covering all basis mate!! I'll see if I can find a wiring diagram 👍🏻👍🏻

Dec 27, 2021
I've not checked the switch yet. it looks a bitch to get to and yeah, the rear washer is still working. defo 12v on the multi meter i double checked and got someone to check with me lol

Frostensen

Aug 10, 2019
This is a brain fart, but, you do know wiper won't work when the boot is not closed properly? Perhaps, there's a problem with the switch telling the wipers the boot is closed?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise