Suspected damage after clutch pedal cylinder replacement

dynamis_dk

Jun 28, 2017
Barnsley, Yorkshire
So earlier in the year I had a few issues with the clutch and the place I had recommended to me did the cylinder at the clutch pedal as they said more often than not that is what goes rather then the cylinder in the gearbox. At the same time I also had the rear springs replaced, on picking up the car is became obviously they hadn't put the auto level sensor back in so I returned the car and waited for around 1hr as they sorted it so at that point I'd hoped that was the end of it.

Fast forward around 6 week and I've noticed a rattle getting worse and worse which went away when I pressed the trim near the headlight controls. I noticed the panel which the light controls fits into had dropped forward so I had a quick look thinking it was a broken push fit connector so gave it a wiggle to find the panel pop off in my hand and it looks like its been ragged and broken so I'm understandably not best happy.

If you look at the images, I'm just wanting some feedback if the community would please on if what I'm seeing does look at damage and if anyone would expect that panel to be removed as part of a clutch cylinder change? My thoughts are its an engineers whos never worked on a Leon before and just ragged at the panel to get better access not knowing it was a plastic welded part and isn't normally removed?

IMG_3152.jpg

IMG_3156.jpg

Given the crack in the plastic I'd say its fairly clear some force must have been used.

From a repairs point of view, I'm I looking at a best efforts job with epoxy etc? To replace looks like it would be a dash?

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
I'd agree - butchery!
What's the white junk around the holes? Have they tried gluing it back on?

Is it this piece - red arrow?
I think this is part of the dash - and not a separate panel.
If yes - I think gluing is your best bet - but gluing plastics is quite a minefield! some plastics glue great, some not so much - the waxy ones being harder to glue. See if you can see any plastic type symbols embossed in the plastic - then research best glue for that particular plastic.
1709303557350.png

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members