Best Lowering Springs for Leon Cupra R mk2

Bruno_CupraR

Apr 18, 2015
Hi all, I'm new in this forum. I live in Peru and drive a 2012 León Cupra R with almost no mods (only Stage 1 APR and CAI). I use the car for daily driving and for trackday and autocross once a month.

I am looking to buy a set of lowering springs but I dont know which to choose...I know that the cupra R suspension is stiffer than the suspension of FR and cupra models, so its difficult to find and upgrade . I had in mind vw racing springs and h&R blue ones but There are all for vw gti models. I dont know if these springs would be an upgrade for my cupra R?

I would appreciate if you could give some recommendations about the best lowering springs for my car? I know I could buy coilovers but by now I'm running out of budget so I want to start with the cheapest option.

Kind regards

Bruno

Mnb68

Mar 14, 2015
Eibach springs

Hard to go past the eibach sportlines for a mix of everyday driving and performance use will prob drop the cupra by around 35mm front and 25 mm rear (will be listed as a 50/40 drop but that's based on std Leon yours will already be 15mm approx lower than std ) smooths out the ride and if correct wheel offset used can use 19 inch rims with little or no rubbing

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Two choices really.

Eibach Sportlines or H&R's.

H&R give a more even drop and come in either 30 or 40mm specs.

H&R would be my choice.

Bruno_CupraR

Apr 18, 2015
Thanks for the help. In terms of performance Are Eibach and H&R better than cupra R stock springs ? between Eibach and H&R which is better ? And what about vw racing springs? I want the best lowering springs in terms of performance.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Mnb68

Mar 14, 2015
I can only comment in the eibach which have improved both the handling and the quality of ride but the std shocks will be a constraint in terms of outright performance as their design would be meant to improve road use . Coil overs would be the way to go if you want both track and road options in terms of adjustability between the 2 . I'm running with 19 inch rims

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
I had Vwr springs, vast improvement over stock in comfort and performance

Bruno_CupraR

Apr 18, 2015
Thanks for the help. I am about to buy Eibach sportline springs. I was looking on Ebay and found them at EUR 119.00 for the set. Is it correct? I think is too cheap to be true because I bought a set of H&R springs two years ago at EUR 180.00.
The seller is located in Germany and has almost 100 of positive feedback.

Regards

Mnb68

Mar 14, 2015
Got my sportlines from klapper in Germany through ebay at around that price +postage arrived in 4 days genuine parts

Aok82

Aug 18, 2012
Finland, Uudenmaanlääni
the 119€ for Eibach sportlines could be correct.
i just bought and installed Eibach sportline springs and Bilstein B4 set for 300€.
Was also from germany and the parst were original stuff.

Bruno_CupraR

Apr 18, 2015
It is not as low as I thought but It rides good and handles better than Oem springs. Next month I will test them on track

Jwk

May 29, 2015
How are they lower on the roads like going over speed bumps and potholes if u don't see them lol

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.