Seat leon cupra sounding like a diesel

iDan

Feb 3, 2016
Worcester - West Midlands
Hi Guys!
I bought myself a 57 Seat leon cupra 2.0tfsi over the weekend after months of saving,i got it at quite a steal price wise but ive noticed it sounds a bit rough on tickover and wondered if anyone could be of assistance! I can only explain it as sounding like a diesel engine. The noise seems to dissapear when driving and I dont think it affects the drive of the car, but as soon as its on tickover it becomes apparant again.

I dont have masses of history to it, but i know that its had the timing belt/chain replaced about 9 months ago and im going to give it a full oil and filter change this coming weekend.

The Engine has 53k on the clock, here's a link to a short video i took of the sound:
(I cant post a full link yet so here's the last of it)
/watch?v=S31uwDLnr-E&list=WL&index=5

Any help or knowledge would be of great help, i just want to know if i should be concerned!
Thanks

Last edited:

SteA

Jan 12, 2016
Shrewsbury
Sorry, must be doing something dim as I can't find that link...

However, if it helps in any way, we've had two of these engines in Audis (both from 4K miles) and another in my LCR and they always sounded like a bag of spanners at idle.

iDan

Feb 3, 2016
Worcester - West Midlands
If you to on YouTube, paste this /watch?v=S31uwDLnr-E&list=WL&index=5
after the .com

I've read on another post that these engines can sound a little odd, but I just wanted a few more opinions

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise