Altea Horns

JayB

Dec 14, 2010
Anyone know where they are hidden and how to get to them?
I forgot to look while I had mine on the ramp recently and I assume there are two, mine only seems to have one working as it sounds like a car from the circus or something!
Hopefully is just a loose wire.

Marka1967

Jun 7, 2014
Mine's the same used it for the first time when some idiot pulled out in front of me the wife p*ssed herself couldn't stop laughing. I think its located under the offside wing and I'm going to change it for a deeper tone one as its very embarrassing what were Seat thinking of.

skard

Dec 29, 2011
UK
The horn is just off centre of the bumper, under the radiator etc. it is the alarm siren under the drivers wing.
If yours has twin horns, they are at each end of the radiator.

Marka1967

Jun 7, 2014
The horn is just off centre of the bumper, under the radiator etc. it is the alarm siren under the drivers wing.
If yours has twin horns, they are at each end of the radiator.

Thanks for the info skard will have a look the weekend.

Mark.

JayB

Dec 14, 2010
Mine is a Sport - I would think and am sure it has twin as once I briefly heard it sound normal. The other half has a Stylance and that deffo has the usual VAG sounding twin horns, much better.

Thanks for info on location, need to check that out.

DACA

Mar 7, 2011
Garstang Lancs
My understanding is that most have a single horn located behind the nsf fog lamp. Remove the single Phillips screw and pull off the trim. Carefully push back two securing lugs and twist the fog lamp then remove. You now have access to the horn.

JayB

Dec 14, 2010
Thanks, will check that out next time I can get on my brother's ramp.

JayB

Dec 14, 2010
OK, so my 2004 Sport has a horn both sides, located in and behind the front fog light.

My Low tone one has given up the ghost, so needs changing, no amount of fiddling or cleaning would get it to work.

So it seems some have a single in the middle and some have twins, with one each side of the car.

JayB

Dec 14, 2010
Take either side foglight or grill covers out, see of you have a horn each side, one's probably not working.
It's only one screw and pivot it out towards the edges of the car.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.