Altea Wipers Not Working

Aug 19, 2023
Hi
Newbie here, so hello all. My wipers have been playing up, working, not working, going slow and even clashing / tripping over each at one point and now they’ve given up the ghost and remain in the service position. So, I’m hoping you guys / gals can help me out,
I think the linkages have given up. Couple of questions for you experienced guys:
- Is the wiper arm nut left hand thread?
- Where is the best place to buy new linkages and are LHD linkages compatible with RHD cars?
- I need to buy a nut as the cap and nut is missing from one side - again, where’s the best place to buy this?
Thanks for your help.
Craig - I love my Altea, third one, the latest is a 2010 with £115k on the clock - still going strong apart from she doesn’t like the wet at the moment, lol.

Dec 8, 2023
Hi
Newbie here, so hello all. My wipers have been playing up, working, not working, going slow and even clashing / tripping over each at one point and now they’ve given up the ghost and remain in the service position. So, I’m hoping you guys / gals can help me out,
I think the linkages have given up. Couple of questions for you experienced guys:
- Is the wiper arm nut left hand thread?
- Where is the best place to buy new linkages and are LHD linkages compatible with RHD cars?
- I need to buy a nut as the cap and nut is missing from one side - again, where’s the best place to buy this?
Thanks for your help.
Craig - I love my Altea, third one, the latest is a 2010 with £115k on the clock - still going strong apart from she doesn’t like the wet at the moment, lol.
Just wondered if you got a response. bolt sheered off passenger side wiper arm and just need a linkage or has anyone drilled and tapped a thread before

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.