2013 Ibiza cupra decat

Luke4398

Nov 18, 2017
Just picked up a 2013 Ibiza cupra 1.4 tsi. Looking for some more noise out of it. I don't want to go full straight through but just go decat, although I read somewhere a little while ago that if you decat these cars it can cause issue with the turbos ? Just wanted to check if that was true and get som ideas of what exhaust to go for

Jamesenty

Sep 5, 2016
If you want more noise and aren’t bothered about tuning it yet I’d not bother with a decat, just get the centre silencers cut out and a decent cat back system, I went for a 2.75” milltek catback but have now got a full turbo back milltek with sports cat as I have gone stage 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luke4398

Nov 18, 2017
Yeah not too worried about tuning at the moment, will get there eventually but just want a bit more noise for now. Will the decat effect the engine or turbo ? As I read somewhere it can damage turbos on these ? But I always though on a turbo car "no exhaust is the best exhaust" as you want as little back pressure as possible

Jamesenty

Sep 5, 2016
Yeah that is true, it shouldn’t cause an issue a lot of people do run decats with out remap but they always end up getting it properly mapped in, I’ve heard it can cause your engine to run a little bit more rich and can cause oil seals in the turbo to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luke4398

Nov 18, 2017
When you say getting it properly mapped in do you mean so that lambda sensors don't get a strange reading and cause it to run rich ?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise