Carista with the 2016 Ibiza

MantaOwner

Nov 28, 2015
Tallinn, Estonia
I think that any new model of car being brought to market in Europe will need Stop/Start, it will be in the latest list of "must have" ! ..
It seems to be heading that way yes. It was a bit of a surprise to find out that our brand new company car, a base model Kia Sportage with a 1,6L petrol engine and M/T doesn't have it.

Tõnu

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
We should start a supporters club!

I'd have told him to 'go away' politely.

When I first started looking after my daughter's Ibiza while she is working abroad, I spent a lot of time looking out for how to switch them off, then I bought a secondhand S4 - which I'm not sure if they are enabled or not, then bought my wife a new Polo SEL - which I've forgotten if that car has them enabled or not, so I'm now probably in the "lets switch them on" camp, strange how time changes things?

Quiksilver

May 7, 2016
the fog/cornering lights are awesome !! :) just need to replace the original (yellow light) to LED light to match the bi-xenon. i will upload a photo Tomorrow :)

stadan

Jan 31, 2016
the fog/cornering lights are awesome !! :) just need to replace the original (yellow light) to LED light to match the bi-xenon. i will upload a photo Tomorrow :)

how are you changing them? I looked into doing it but it looks like you need to take the entire bumper off!?

Quiksilver

May 7, 2016
there is a guy here(has is own shop) that says he can do it in 5 min. Tomorrow I will see if that is truth.
Also I will try to video him..

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I think that if cars supplied into the UK market always had yellow bulbs fitted into the fog lights, then we might just respect that yellow works better in fog and just leave them, but as most or all cars supplied into the UK market just get ordinary halogen bulbs fitted into the fog lights, then most of us find that annoying and want/try to change them to be the same colour (temperature) as the headlights.

Maybe countries like France etc have "special" fog? (smog?)

I find that halogen bulbs work okay in ordinary mist or fog, I can't comment on how well they work in smog!

Last edited:

stadan

Jan 31, 2016
thanks for making me aware of this app. I just disabled cornering fogs and enabled needle swoop on start!!!! love it.

Andyy

Jan 4, 2015
England
Hi. I have the 2016 Ibiza Vista and I was just wondering whether Carista supports this model as I'd like to add a couple of 'features' such as the needle sweep and would be nice to turn off the pointless cornering lights one day! Also any Bluetooth OBD2 adapter recommendations would be brill too. I'm a newbie to this

Thanks

Andy :)

markm49uk

Oct 15, 2015
Hull,UK
Hi. I have the 2016 Ibiza Vista and I was just wondering whether Carista supports this model as I'd like to add a couple of 'features' such as the needle sweep and would be nice to turn off the pointless cornering lights one day! Also any Bluetooth OBD2 adapter recommendations would be brill too. I'm a newbie to this

Thanks

Andy :)

The new version will be out shortly - we just received notification of a release candidate for those of us on the beta testing. It will support your car but I haven't seen an option to turn off the cornering lights - personally I like them.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
On the subject of which Bluetooth OBD adapter to buy, I use iPhone so needed Bluetooth adaptor and just paid up for the Carista branded one, expensive yes, but works first time all the time.

Though, I've noticed that the latest iPhone OS update does include some improvements to sort out certain Bluetooth issues - I think, so maybe some of the cheaper adapters will now work?

markm49uk

Oct 15, 2015
Hull,UK
On the subject of which Bluetooth OBD adapter to buy, I use iPhone so needed Bluetooth adaptor and just paid up for the Carista branded one, expensive yes, but works first time all the time.

Though, I've noticed that the latest iPhone OS update does include some improvements to sort out certain Bluetooth issues - I think, so maybe some of the cheaper adapters will now work?

That's odd - iPhone usually supports only WiFi adapters. Did that change recently?

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
That's odd - iPhone usually supports only WiFi adapters. Did that change recently?

Some time ago "true" but the Carista adapter is a probably later version of Bluetooth which works well with iphone, allowing the wifi to be free to comunicate with your network/printer etc - and that makes a lot of sense as the Carista app does by default like to email results of scan etc. This might be the reason why most other OBD adapters have not yet caught up with the latest version of Bluetooth - so don't work with Carista on iphone.