Cupra 1.4TSI Centralised Records with VAG?

Feb 22, 2024
Malaga
Hi all
We have inherited a 2009 Ibiza Cupra 1.4 TSI from Poland which has been looked after and has 110k kms its one previous owner was in their 80s.. It looks great in Yellow and we are grateful and love it. But are aware of the issues this twin charger engine has. Reading through Lucifers ultimate guide it looks like the most pressing issue is around the pistons and their possible failure.
I presume that these were never changed as a recall by Seat? And only were upgraded when failure occurred during warranty?
Also does VAG / Seat have a centralised service record system to enable us to confirm what recalls if any have been carried out?
I would very much like to keep this car but to be honest it might be a bit of poisoned chalice and perhaps it might be better to trade it in.
Am not afraid of spending money to get it right, I'm an Alfa owner so happy to invest in cars which might be compromised by a lack of development.
Thanks in advance for any knowledge shared to help

SQBocanegra

Jan 9, 2024
Hi,

If you email your SEAT dealership they should let you know any service history/warranty carried out repairs done to the vehicle. While I’m at it does anyone know if the cylinder head replacement had the pistons changed with it too? As my bocanegra had a cylinder head change covered under warranty well before I had brought the car.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.