Carista with the 2016 Ibiza

Fr2013

Apr 9, 2014
Just tried this on mine as the Carista guys emailed me to test it - however I cannot get it to work?

ccm

May 24, 2016
Zagreb, Croatia
Is that press and hold on the key fob to fold then? Will try and activate tonight :)
No, it works only on single click. So automatic when you lock the doors. Long press still doesnt work.
Note that you have to be a beta tester and have the latest version of beta app.

Fr2013

Apr 9, 2014
Right, just changed mine to 'Single click' as it was set to 'Long Press' as default. It now folds the mirrors when I lock the car. However, it doesn't un-fold them when I unlock the car! Am I missing something or is it not meant to do this?

Fr2013

Apr 9, 2014
Yes, they unfold once you turn the ignition to on.

Great, there's me not fully testing it enough!

I also noticed a setting for folding the mirror downwards when in reverse. Anyone tested this yet? Also one for turning the right hand side cornering fog light off under 'Other', although strangely there is no option to turn the left hand one off too!

Quiksilver

May 7, 2016
Guys what OBD2 you are using? I tried 2 different ones but I still get an error from the Carista saying "defective OBD2 adapter"... "not comply with ELM327 v1.4" which is bullshit...
please send links where I can buy one that do work with the latest Carista beta software.
Thanks.

Quiksilver

May 7, 2016
I have the same one but carista is looking for Bluetooth devise and not wi-fi... how is it that your Carista works with wi-fi OBD ?

ccm

May 24, 2016
Zagreb, Croatia
I think it works both ways. Ios devices connect via Wifi, and Android via bluetooth.
But, invest some extra cash and go for the Carista device.
its not like im advertising them, but if you are gonna fiddle around with your car, best go with the safest bet that is tested by the devs.

Quiksilver

May 7, 2016
I know that I have the option to buy the carista OBD but I would like to know if there are any other cheap options...

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.