New Altea 2.0 FSi Member & Owner

corsavandal

Oct 7, 2015
Picked up my first Altea earlier today after owning an '07 Leon TDi Sport for the last 5 years. A recent separation had left me looking for a car suitable for the kids and saw this come up at auction.

It's a '54 plate 2.0 FSi Sport which is in fantastic condition (only minor damage around the body, nothing deeper than primer) with only a couple of issues I figured I could live with:
1 - Rear passenger side window drops off its track and wont go up the final half inch - oh er :-o
2 - paint peeling on the lower right of the front bumper.
3 - ticking/clicking from in the dash when the ignition is on/car is idling

HOWEVER, as it's knocking on I did expect some issues would need resolving as and when they arose, just not so soon! On the drive home the oil light to the right of the cluster started flashing and beeped 3 times when i slowed down from a steady 60 to 20mph going through road works. It stopped when i got the car back up to speed, but i checked the oil once I got home and the car had cooled down and it was normal.

I've done some googling and found various suggestions of what it could be on the Leon forums. Coolant levels look good (comments include it being a duff sensor in the header tank and a drop in pressure). My concern at the moment is that if it is coolant related then there's a possibility/probability that I'll have a head gasket issue coming up soon. If anyone can help or point me to a thread that tackles any of the things I've mentioned it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise