Options affecting Leon lead times

TallTom

Oct 16, 2017
Update for the spreadsheet (i posted in the who order a cupra threat too - sorry for the duplication!).

Provisional build week now pushed back from week 5 to "between week 9 and 12 - and to call again in 2 weeks".

Realistically this puts me back on track for April delivery as per original estimate, but still a bit rubbish!

BenWilliams21

Ben Williams
Aug 12, 2017
Hertfordshire
Spoken to Customer Services today, ours is now showing as confirmed build week 5

Edit - Just realised the spreadsheet is showing no optional extras for ours.

We have added the optional performance alloys (30/3), can that be updated?

Last edited:

Ibiza06

Aug 4, 2010
Well thats the leon build pushed back for the 4th time another 5 weeks meaning a 7 and a half month wait earliest for what is a fairly basic car with no options. Sleeping on it but at the moment thoughts are to cancel as seat dont seem overly bothered about taking my money

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Will update the spreadsheet over the next couple of days.

“The really good news is that your car was built last week, and is currently in transit from the factory. It is scheduled to arrive into Port of Sheerness w/c 22nd January and will take up to ten days from then to get to us; we will need a few days to check it through the workshop and so with all the ducks aligned, it should be ready for you around the second weekend of February.”

Woohoo . Roll on 10th February (hopefully).

Taking my current Leon back to them next week and swapping it for an Ibiza as a courtesy car. Not quite as flashy at Ewen’s Golf GTI courtesy car, but I can’t complain.

Do you think it’s worth waiting two weeks for the 18 plate? It’s on PCH so it’s not my residual value I have to worry about. I’ll probably end up putting my private plate on at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Obviously!

If it gets too close to 1st March VWFS may not let the car be registered anyway, so you may not have any choice.

Really? But surely, it makes no odds to me whether it’s a 67 or an 18. To VWFS maybe but it won’t add any value for me personally.

How close do you think it’ll need to be for VWFS to say I need wait until March? I actually don’t mind waiting, got a lot going on at the minute, moving house etc.

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
Really? But surely, it makes no odds to me whether it’s a 67 or an 18. To VWFS maybe but it won’t add any value for me personally.

How close do you think it’ll need to be for VWFS to say I need wait until March? I actually don’t mind waiting, got a lot going on at the minute, moving house etc.
You're right, it makes no difference to you, but the them the difference in resale value at the end of the contract will be in the hundreds.

Most contract hire companies would prefer cars not be registered in the last two weeks of February, August or December.

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Will have to wait and see then I guess.

I may point out to the dealer that I’m happy to wait. However, I’m not sure they’ll want me to have their courtesy car for too long.

It would be nice to have the 18 plate but I’m not overly bothered.

Philh46

Dec 24, 2017
Sheffield
Up until that first call from Tara though, SEAT have been an absolute :censored: to deal with. They repeatedly told me the wrong info about making changes to an order which resulted in me getting into a spat with the dealership that was totally unnecessary.

From my dealer last week.... "The factory have accepted the order they have not given it an estimated build week yet. Once it moves to the next stage we won't be able to amend it again."

Is that correct. Only ordered the car at the start of Jan ?

Which is you dealer ewen1605.

I am annoyed with them and myself as one the options (Driving Assistance Pack)_ was priced at £590 .00 in (new-leon-pricelist-december-2017-v2.pdf) but wasn't explained to me that the price would go down as I had already included other options.

Checking on the configurator today it is only £350 to add with what I have already added.

Last edited:

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
From my dealer last week.... "The factory have accepted the order they have not given it an estimated build week yet. Once it moves to the next stage we won't be able to amend it again."

Yes and no. Once an order is accepted you cannot change the body, engine or gearbox. The colour, and some options, can still be changed for a little while...

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield

Which is you dealer ewen1605.

I am annoyed with them and myself as one the options (Advanced Comfort and Driving Pack_ was priced at £860.00 in (new-leon-pricelist-december-2017-v2.pdf) but wasn't explained to me that the price would go down as I had already included other options.

Checking on the configurator today it is only £350 to add with what I have already added.

Who have you gone through?

Is this PCH?

Originally I was told that once my order had been accepted by the factory I wasn't able to amend. This has since been confirmed as false as some changes are allowed.

I was then told that it was when you had been given a build date.

Ultimately I missed out on a couple of options because of the miss information.
My dealership just didn't seem to know.

Last edited:

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Will have to wait and see then I guess.

I may point out to the dealer that I’m happy to wait. However, I’m not sure they’ll want me to have their courtesy car for too long.

It would be nice to have the 18 plate but I’m not overly bothered.

Great news on your order mate.

I just had a call from the car collection company to arrange collection of my 280.

Just had to ring seat to confirm the informal lease extension.

They've confirmed and said that according to their system I should have the car by the 27th of February.

Quite surprised based on the original expected April delivery date.

Philh46

Dec 24, 2017
Sheffield
Who have you gone through?

Is this PCH?

Originally I was told that once my order had been accepted by the factory I wasn't able to amend. This has since been confirmed as false as some changes are allowed.

I was then told that it was when you had been given a build date.

Ultimately I missed out on a couple of options because of the miss information.
My dealership just didn't seem to know.

Local dealer and cash sale.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield

That's who I'm with. The service has not been bad and the staff are friendly enough, but I've had to call Seat customer services directly to get a lot of the official info regarding my order and such.

Not been receiving any updates from them since placing my order last year.

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
Will update the spreadsheet over the next couple of days.

“The really good news is that your car was built last week, and is currently in transit from the factory. It is scheduled to arrive into Port of Sheerness w/c 22nd January and will take up to ten days from then to get to us; we will need a few days to check it through the workshop and so with all the ducks aligned, it should be ready for you around the second weekend of February.”

Woohoo . Roll on 10th February (hopefully).

Taking my current Leon back to them next week and swapping it for an Ibiza as a courtesy car. Not quite as flashy at Ewen’s Golf GTI courtesy car, but I can’t complain.

Do you think it’s worth waiting two weeks for the 18 plate? It’s on PCH so it’s not my residual value I have to worry about. I’ll probably end up putting my private plate on at some point.

Yay! Excellent news Luke!

Getting an 18 plate will be immaterial on PCH... Go and collect as soon as you can!

@Philh46, my dealer is JCB SEAT Ashford

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Dealer isn’t on board with waiting until March as the courtesy car is one of their pre-registered Ibiza’s and they don’t want me clocking miles up.

As I said I don’t really care as the residual value doesn’t concern. It would’ve been nice to have the 18 plate though, after waiting 7 and a half months.

Looking forward to getting it