6 Disc Changer

Lee0204

Jan 22, 2006
Plymouth
Hi just bought a 03 plate Leon CR With Sat Nav and 6 disc changer, i put the cartridge in and it pops straight back out:cry: anyone had the same problem?
Cheers:funk:

Lee0204

Jan 22, 2006
Plymouth
Hi yeah tried pushing it hard still pops back out:cry:

I know these have 3 year warrentys but does it matter on the millage of the car? someone told me it was a 3 yr or 60,000 miles?

Anyone know?

Cheers again:whistle:

danielbarnett

Apr 19, 2005
STOKE-ON-TRENT
had the exact same problem. Flip the plastic panel just below the changer. You will need a torque screwdriver to undo the 2 bolts, pull it out, disconnect the wires then put the magazine in. It will then lock into place. Then plug the power back in and eject the magazine, then put it in again to see if it locks, if it doesnt you may need to repeat the process. worked for me. But havnt ejected it in a few days! Will replace the headunit and changer if it keeps cocking up as its cheaper!

Saw a changer go for £60 on ebay with no wires or nothing!

luke43

hi dont know if yourve sorted it , but i had simular prob with one, turned out it just needed the eject button pressing before trying to shove it back in again!!!!worked on mine anyway

Lee0204

Jan 22, 2006
Plymouth
;) sorted it keeped pushing the magazine in and out and pressed eject a few times and it works now:)
Next problem
i have put original and backup cds in the magazine and it keeps coming up disc error:cry: any ideas?

phantombantam

NUFC forever!
Jan 23, 2006
Co Durham
I had that prob and dealer changed both head unit and changer. Prob disappeared and only get it now if car has been out in cold and discs have condensation on them. Take them out and wipe them and works fine.

andy15star

Apr 17, 2005
Durham
Yeah, the thing with the "disc error". I had the same thing. Clean the fingers with alcohol cloth, works fine now. the fingers are the 2 little stalks you can see which pick up the CD and take it onto the spindle. They just need an alcohol wipe. No problems with CD's now since about 5 months !! - Andy

LEON_FR

Rich Full Member
Jul 9, 2005
Stoke on Trent
andy15star said:
Yeah, the thing with the "disc error". I had the same thing. Clean the fingers with alcohol cloth, works fine now. the fingers are the 2 little stalks you can see which pick up the CD and take it onto the spindle. They just need an alcohol wipe. No problems with CD's now since about 5 months !! - Andy

Could dirty "fingers" make the cds sound fuzzy? thats the prob i got,,,

andy15star

Apr 17, 2005
Durham
wouldn't have thought so. i had a similar problem (although not on a car cd player), are you using copy discs ?, if so, have you used a slower writing speed / different brand ? Does it do the same with original CD's ?. If none of that then i'm at a loss to suggest what might be going on mate !. Regards, Andy

andy15star

Apr 17, 2005
Durham
and have you checked the wiring to the changer and speaker wire ?. Does it do it when listening to the radio ?. I guess it must be a Changer issue if no problems listening to the radio. may still be worth taking it out and putting it back in, at least just to satisfy yourself that it isn't the wiring. Regards, Andy

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise