my new FR

hon_n_gem

Candy White K1
Mar 22, 2006
Kent
www.auto-tuner.co.uk
Hey guys/gals just picked up my car its an 05 plate FR tdi :D . Just wondering wot sort of things i can do to increase porformance gains pre-remap. i was thinking along the lines of induction kit and then turbo-back exhaust? then new clutch and remap. should i get an induction kit or the cupra intake? any help would be very useful!

Thanks
Hon

Nyteshade

Is it dark yet?
Feb 1, 2005
Satan's Layby
Hi :wave:

Welcome to the Chaos...

it you would like to avail yourself of the search facility there has been many a discussion on modifications to enhance power.

I am sure there will be something in there to pique your interest. :D

Shash

Feb 16, 2006
Welcome to the club I've had my 06 plate :p FR Tdi 2 whole days have got the mileage to an astronomical 259 so far!!!

Modifications I'm looking to do is a revo, PD160 intake, FMIC (possibly) seat sprt strut brace and if I can afford it a miltek exhaust and uprated clutch...oh yeah and before all that I gotta pay back the money I borrowed on the car.....:(

Do a search this website is a library of information!

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
Shash said:
Modifications I'm looking to do is a revo, PD160 intake, FMIC (possibly) seat sprt strut brace
I did all of that to my old Ibiza, but if you're going to do all of that you might want to do something about the handling and braking. It's all very well being able to go quickly in a straight line, but if you can't go round a corner or stop then it kind of defeats the object of having a fast car doesn't it?*

*Unless you live in America

hon_n_gem

Candy White K1
Mar 22, 2006
Kent
www.auto-tuner.co.uk
i was talking about the bit just under the cd player where u put random cds etc. but i have looked around and i think it jus pulls out anyway!

shash did u get the face lift FR? im looking to get on the cupra bumpers on soon too. tho insurance is gonna be a killer at 19! lol.

im loving it at the moment went out last nite over 48mpg! :D pulls like anything too, treating it with good old BP ultimate at a pound a litre its very expensive! will have a lil go against my bros 'mapped golf pd100 should be about level i say

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
hon_n_gem said:
i was talking about the bit just under the cd player where u put random cds etc. but i have looked around and i think it jus pulls out anyway!
You do indeed just pull it out, but it can require a fair bit of force. Once you've had it out, it gets easier each subsequent time though.

Shash

Feb 16, 2006
"I did all of that to my old Ibiza, but if you're going to do all of that you might want to do something about the handling and braking. It's all very well being able to go quickly in a straight line, but if you can't go round a corner or stop then it kind of defeats the object of having a fast car doesn't it?*"

yeah thinking about AP racing brakes possibly Brembo's but again all fund dependant!

Shash

Feb 16, 2006
"shash did u get the face lift FR? im looking to get on the cupra bumpers on soon too. tho insurance is gonna be a killer at 19! lol. "

well I had a Saxo VTR when I passed my test at 17 and the FR is costing me an extra £70 a year over that so you'll probabl be quite pleasantly surprised. I'm 20 and have no no claims bonus (yet) and some twat recently drove into me so I had to make a claim. No points and I pay about £1000

Shash

Feb 16, 2006
Oh yeah, I'll try and actually answer the question....!!! no, I didn't I got a pre-facelift display model with 8.5 miles for £10k so I couldn't refuse! :D

Shash

Feb 16, 2006
mr coyote what sort of torque and bhp did you achieve with those mods btw?
*sorry to hi-jack the thread!*

hon_n_gem

Candy White K1
Mar 22, 2006
Kent
www.auto-tuner.co.uk
yeah, will look into the handling n breaks later on. not sure what to do suspension wise but i was thinking a tt break conversion? is this any good or not? well i think its a touch over 1400 atm, no no claims and no points which isnt too bad.

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
Shash said:
mr coyote what sort of torque and bhp did you achieve with those mods btw?
*sorry to hi-jack the thread!*
No idea. I never had it rolling roaded, but it sure as hell went quickly. :)

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
hon_n_gem said:
yeah, will look into the handling n breaks later on. not sure what to do suspension wise but i was thinking a tt break conversion? is this any good or not? well i think its a touch over 1400 atm, no no claims and no points which isnt too bad.
The TT brake/312mm brake conversion is fantastic. Ok, it's not quite as good as AP's/Brembos, but then again it costs a lot less. When I had mine done I was definately stopping a lot better than with the standard 288mm discs.

hon_n_gem

Candy White K1
Mar 22, 2006
Kent
www.auto-tuner.co.uk
1400 is with admiral! best i could find!

How much did the conversion cost altogether? did you leave the rear ones as standard? noticed today that the breaks arent as good as they could be when someone pulled out on me!
Thanks

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
hon_n_gem said:
1400 is with admiral! best i could find!

How much did the conversion cost altogether? did you leave the rear ones as standard? noticed today that the breaks arent as good as they could be when someone pulled out on me!
Thanks
I can't remember how much they cost as I got the calipers, etc off someone I used to work with that upgraded to Brembos on his TT. You can leave the rear brakes as standard as they don't really do much work as such anyway.

When I spoke to the Elephant about adding the remap, FMIC, brakes, suspension and struct brace to to it I'm sure they only wanted something silly like £40 so I didn't complain too much. From what I remember my last renewal was only £360 odd for fully comp including business use. :clap:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise