GTI Brakes on Leon FR

chroniclesofcf

Mar 3, 2022
Paisley, Renfrewshire.
Hey guys,

2018 MK3.5 Leon FR 1.4TSI 125 Technology. Stage 1 remap.

I’ll be doing my brakes in the coming months. While I’m not “building” the car for any purpose, I’m just constantly improving it when something needs done. Thus far it’s mostly been handling upgrades.

- New control arms and lower ball joint with Super Pro poly bushes
- Powerflex sway bar bushes
- Powerflex engine mount insert
- Whiteline adjustable drop links
- ST by KW springs and shocks all round
- Bilstein top mounts all round
- Eagle F1 on all corners
- Front strut brace
- New tie rod and tie rod ends

While I’d love to reach for more power, I’d rather spend money preparing for that one day, so as I’m not constantly chasing the power it has.
So I’m thinking of getting some rebuilt GtI performance pack front callipers. Am I right in saying these will fit?

Moving to the back then, are the GTi rears any bigger or better? If so, again will they fit?

Any tips or recommendations would be appreciated 👌🏻

Reactions: H Rafiq

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
I wouldn't bother with those brakes - very heavy 340mm discs and calipers.
Easier and cheaper to upgrade to 312 front brakes, and some good pads, and will be more than good enough for a remapped 1.4tsi.

chroniclesofcf

Mar 3, 2022
Paisley, Renfrewshire.
I wouldn't bother with those brakes - very heavy 340mm discs and calipers.
Easier and cheaper to upgrade to 312 front brakes, and some good pads, and will be more than good enough for a remapped 1.4tsi.
Is that the brake system from the 1.8tsi?

What’s involved with that upgrade? A calliper carrier and the bigger disc? Or is there more to it?

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
So it’s the very same calliper?
They have different part numbers - and all the major caliper aftermarket suppliers have kept separate part numbers between the 288 and the 312 calipers - but someone on here has confirmed it fitted fine for him - just using the taller caliper carrier/bracket and the 312 disc. Pads are identical between the two versions.

The rear 1.8/184 TDI disc is 272 - which I believe is the same as the EBP rear brake.

grabania

Aug 14, 2022
Gdansk, Poland
grabania.pl
Maybe 340 are heavier, but boy, do they look much better than stock 288 with 18" wheels! Mine comes from Cupra Leon KL form 2022 and fits without any issues. In the upcoming days I am going to change rear 272s to 310s from the same car.

P.S. OEM 17" rims also fits on those 340s

yqavXHb.jpg

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members