Returning from Main site (hyperlink problem)

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Yup I know it does, and it can be changed to only open in the parent window, but then it will just open the forum in the same window. Forum being a separate entity to the website, it opens in its own window for a reason. ;)

As I explained earlier.

But current browser fashion is to open in a new tab, rather than a new window. ;) (which would be nice - but after you've done my dozen Chateuneuf-du-Pape of course.)

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Yup I know it does, and it can be changed to only open in the parent window, but then it will just open the forum in the same window. Forum being a separate entity to the website, it opens in its own window for a reason. ;)

As I explained earlier.

Fine, it's by design.

But if that's the case, why does clicking on the main site link in the Forums index open the main site in the same window?

<sits back and waits for "thread closed">

:duck:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Forum side link is there as a courtesy. To allow you to click back. vB doesn't give you the options to do anything but add a link.

That link above is in fact a forum, that we have turned into a link.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
How about a link to the main site directly off the forum toolbar? ^^^^^^^

Sorry that's way beyond my expertise.

As i said to Brendy earlier in the thread, the forum uses a set template and the graphics are built to fit into that template.

Templates are fickle things, we mess about with it too much, and the whole thing could be a calamity. It really needs someone who has some good knowledge of vB template coding to fettle with it. While also considering the graphics too.

I can easily do the graphics, but if they don't fit the template, its round peg square hole I'm afraid.

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Sorry that's way beyond my expertise.

As i said to Brendy earlier in the thread, the forum uses a set template and the graphics are built to fit into that template.

Templates are fickle things, we mess about with it too much, and the whole thing could be a calamity. It really needs someone who has some good knowledge of vB template coding to fettle with it. While also considering the graphics too.

I can easily do the graphics, but if they don't fit the template, its round peg square hole I'm afraid.

I see. :)
Can you make the big graphic a hyperlink to it? (or is that the same problem?)

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
See spoid, it really is a problem - SCN opened in a new window, with the window in front of his radar screen...

For the love of Christ...

Who's spoid? :shrug:

I guess now you drive the BMW, there is a high potential that your dexterously challenged. :cartman:

I mean using more than one hand must mean holding the CTRL key is a chore too far.

But Dave really has no excuse. :cartman:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members