Keyless Access Faulty error, constant waring a bepping

Feb 25, 2024
Hello all,

I've bought a second hand Leon mk3 8 months ago, great car so far.

In the last 2 months it has started to give a warning in the main dash "Keyless entry faulty", when the warning is on, the keyless entry does not work in either door and I have to open the door using the fob, once I start the car the warning flashes on the dashboard 5-6 times accompanied by an annoying beep, the pattern repeats itself whenever the car slows down or until it gains significant speed, making city driving madding. Sometimes however the warning goes away (after getting out locking it with the fob and returning later) but returns after couple of drives.

Thinking this was a simple problem I took the car to an official Seat dealership, after paying the first "diagnostic" fee they informed me that they didn't know what the problem was or how to fix it, but that I could kepp paying them more to try and figure out the issue without garuantee that it would ever be fixed. I promplty went there and took the car back and will deal with them separatly. Meanwhile I would like to try and solve the issue or at least get more information about it.

Has any one dealt with a similar issue and had any luck pinpointing the cause and fixing it? I have tried both keys with the same results and I'll be replacing the bateries on the fobs shortly even though I don't think that is the issues since both are acting up.

Best Regards.

Feb 25, 2024
Hello @Antera thank you for the reply, what do you mean by read out the Kessy module, using an OBD reader to check the code?

Feb 25, 2024
Hello.

Update on this issue, I've replaced the batteries on the key fobs with no luck. The warning was always on for the last week. I've connected ODBeleven to the car and I have the following errors:

Front passenger access/start system antenna - B117013
Front passenger exterior door handle touch sensor - B116F13

I'm searching for possible fixes on this two if any one as any experience with it please let me know.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.