aux fault??

whitey392

Dec 27, 2014
Hi only my second post but I'm hoping someone can help me out. Iv got an 07 fr 170 with an aux connection point inside the armrest, but the function on the head unit will not do a thing!? the cd/aux button selects the cd but it won't go onto aux. I know someone else might have had this problem too but I'm still learning my way around the forums and would appreciate any help.
Thanks, chris.

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Silly question but my aux function wont work unless something is connected to the aux input. In my case the iPod dock under the seat. It won't work unless the phone is physically connected up.

Also it could be a dodgy lead maybe?

Last edited:

whitey392

Dec 27, 2014
Silly question but my aux function wont work unless something is connected to the aux input. In my case the iPod dock under the seat. It won't work unless the phone is physically connected up.

Also it could be a dodgy lead maybe?

So do you have a connection in the arm rest or is it either under the seat or the armrest? i will try a different cable and try again. Thanks!

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Yes it's one or the other, mine has the stupid dock connection under the seat as Dan has said try a different lead one you know works with other auxiliary units like a home stereo for example.That way you can identify if it's the car at fault or your current lead.

whitey392

Dec 27, 2014
just tried another lead there. still won't work. maybe going to have to get someone with a vagcom to look at it

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
So do you have a connection in the arm rest or is it either under the seat or the armrest? i will try a different cable and try again. Thanks!

Mines under the drivers seat. Bit of a pain with the leads needed to connect an iPhone 6 but worth it.

whitey392

Dec 27, 2014
its been on a vagcom and it can't been coded as an accessory for some reason. so frustrating because i don't want to have to change the unit but all i want to do is play music through my phone! sick of making cods now haha

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.