I have a drink problem

luke07cupra

Wind the boost up...
Apr 13, 2009
Leeds
why you running fuel 6? thought it was best to run fuel 9?
gutted for you mate , thought i was going to read you cant stop smiling.

A lesser fuel number means 'more' fuel so a richer mix, engine should be less susceptible to detonation and should hold boost better. Only with the hpfp can the fuel setting be altered.

I'm no expert on this, this has been guidance given by Revo HQ and bits i've picked up elsewhere.

I did a couple of Vagcom logs last night and the car did feel strong and was pulling hard, more so than it did earlier in the day, i'm hoping the ECU maybe adapting :)

warren_cox

Back from the dead
A lesser fuel number means 'more' fuel so a richer mix, engine should be less susceptible to detonation and should hold boost better. Only with the hpfp can the fuel setting be altered.

I'm no expert on this, this has been guidance given by Revo HQ and bits i've picked up elsewhere.

I did a couple of Vagcom logs last night and the car did feel strong and was pulling hard, more so than it did earlier in the day, i'm hoping the ECU maybe adapting :)

PM'd you

luke07cupra

Wind the boost up...
Apr 13, 2009
Leeds
Lets hope so. Or maybe because you'd had it back to std (ie they removed your map) you just needed more time to get used to it? BTW did you sort your exhaust?

Thats a fair point to be honest, the car has been in that many different specs over the last week i'm totally lost as to how it should feel now, the dealers really messed up the progression of things!!!

Exhaust seems to be bedding in now, apparently they can expand quite a bit!

Carr20vt

Dec 18, 2003
South Wales
Visit site
Thats a fair point to be honest, the car has been in that many different specs over the last week i'm totally lost as to how it should feel now, the dealers really messed up the progression of things!!!

Exhaust seems to be bedding in now, apparently they can expand quite a bit!

Yeah thats what i mean't. Lets us know how it progresses.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
I do know the ecu in the mk2 takes ages to adapt took mine almost 50 miles , i asked kev about it cause of a problem i had , the ecu in the mk1 adapted very quickly in comparison

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Realisitcally though, putting on stage 2+ software on to a non stage 2+ car is not going to give stage 2+ results especially with the set up you have chosen. I think I did mention this to you about a dozen times or so already though :lol:

luke07cupra

Wind the boost up...
Apr 13, 2009
Leeds
Realisitcally though, putting on stage 2+ software on to a non stage 2+ car is not going to give stage 2+ results especially with the set up you have chosen. I think I did mention this to you about a dozen times or so already though :lol:

Sure its not a dozen times is it :lol:

Personally i feel that stage 2+ is just a map that needs certain components to make it work and on the 2.0 TFSI this being the uprated pump. I aren't getting hung up on what a 'stage 2+ car' is as in my mind there isn't such a thing. As Revo software is fully adjustable the stage 2+ map can be run on any number of different spec vehicles but the uprated pump is a must.

To release the full potential that this map can offer does require that all the other hardware mods are installed. Even then you would need a true 3" de-cat exhaust (not the Miltek which is a compromise), big intercooler such as APR and a proper intake (which at the moment seems to be a problem).

When i installed the map i wasn't looking to release the full potential i.e 360hp or whatever it produces. I was looking for a much stronger car over stage 1 and according to Revo Kev and the like that it was i was going to get even without intake/uprated intercooler. I've logged boost in Vagcom and the request looks right. I think its more likely to be my own judgement due to the cars different specs lately. Tonight the car felt quick and pulls like a train without doubt....

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Sure its not a dozen times is it :lol:

When i installed the map i wasn't looking to release the full potential i.e 360hp or whatever it produces. I was looking for a much stronger car over stage 1 and according to Revo Kev and the like that it was i was going to get even without intake/uprated intercooler. I've logged boost in Vagcom and the request looks right. I think its more likely to be my own judgement due to the cars different specs lately. Tonight the car felt quick and pulls like a train without doubt....

+1

No DP, exhaust on my car and she flies. Revo ran the car on road tests and all was well. If it hadn't worked out they would have suggested I regress it. It's not to say I wont get an exhaust if we keep the car, but only when its fecked.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
+1

No DP, exhaust on my car and she flies. Revo ran the car on road tests and all was well. If it hadn't worked out they would have suggested I regress it. It's not to say I wont get an exhaust if we keep the car, but only when its fecked.

so you just got hpfp and stage 2+ software?

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
That was an interesting read , thanks for the link luke.

Would i be right in thinking the exhaust on the S3 and Cupra are similar in standard guise?.

and i suppose that just adding stage 2+ software to the Cupra without changing the zorst would mean fitting the larger intercooler and , fuel pump and CAI?.

This would then make a very good worthwhile upgrade.

Warren excellent write up btw , very informative , i might just have to have a trip up to Revo and part with some cash :)

luke07cupra

Wind the boost up...
Apr 13, 2009
Leeds
That was an interesting read , thanks for the link luke.

Would i be right in thinking the exhaust on the S3 and Cupra are similar in standard guise?.

and i suppose that just adding stage 2+ software to the Cupra without changing the zorst would mean fitting the larger intercooler and , fuel pump and CAI?.

This would then make a very good worthwhile upgrade.

Warren excellent write up btw , very informative , i might just have to have a trip up to Revo and part with some cash :)

You can't run stage 2+ without the pump - thats for sure.

The more hardware mods you bolt on the stronger the car will be and the higher boost you can run without risk of ECU pulling it out. I might stick mine on the RR this week and run boost at 6 or 7 to keep try keep temps down. It will be interesting to see how it compares to my stage 1 graph.

Rob - if you are thinking of a good upgrade from stage 1 for little layout as Warren has done then this is a very viable path to take.

Always bear in mind the larger intercooler on the S3 so Cupra may have to run lower boost. My logs done last night were ok, 100milibar or so pulled out at the top end.

I have found the exhaust has made the car lose a lot of its refinement, not just the noise (which is nice really) it rattles and judders more and is a lot more jumpy/lumpy and rough when setting off at low RPM.

Carr20vt

Dec 18, 2003
South Wales
Visit site
Yes very good write up Warren.
As well as the pump i do think the DP is a very worthwhile mod to complimemt stg2+ software ;) Not so sure on the Dbilas i have one just haven't fitted it yet.

DJHorace: Did you have some bhp and air flow values somewhere for before and after Dbilas?
I can't seem to find them.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Yes very good write up Warren.
As well as the pump i do think the DP is a very worthwhile mod to complimemt stg2+ software ;) Not so sure on the Dbilas i have one just haven't fitted it yet.

DJHorace: Did you have some bhp and air flow values somewhere for before and after Dbilas?
I can't seem to find them.

i did ask whether it would be possible to mate a miltek or apr DP to the standard exhaust but was advised that it would not be a good idea because the flow would be better but the standard exhaust would throttle the increased flow , shame really cause i know a lot of the ST boys have done this on their focus with good results.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.