Fitted an Audi A3/S3 Lower Strut brace this week

Rookwise

Meeeep Meeeeep !!!!!
Couldn't believe how easy it was to do and for £17 for the parts its a well cheap mod :D

DSC00630.jpg

DSC00631.jpg

HarveyGTI

hi mate

where did you get this from? did you do it yourself and did you just jack the car up and swap over....just asking as judiging how easy it is to do it by myself

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
hi mate

where did you get this from? did you do it yourself and did you just jack the car up and swap over....just asking as judiging how easy it is to do it by myself

Have a search, plenty of threads!

Get them from Seat dealer. Part no in Pab's thread. You need Riv bolts too. If you don't torque them up sufficiently, you might as well have not bothered fitting it.

Rookwise

Meeeep Meeeeep !!!!!
Yea I did it myself. Always do as it something learn't at the end.

Part numbers are:

8N0 199 403 B comes up on the database as Support
N10 467 901 comes up as Bolt and you will need 2
N90 914 701 comes up as Riv Nut and you will need 2

There are also 2 washers your supposed to fit but the one that are supplied are too small.

Didn't jack the car up at all. The pic shows how much space I had to work in.
You will need a 16mm socket to do up the bolts and something to hold the brace in place when bolting it to the car (I used a small bottle jack place on its side)

Guide on how to fit the brace is here on SCN

Strut Braces - Front
Written by Pabs

Last edited:

HarveyGTI

Yea I did it myself. Always do as it something learn't at the end.

Part numbers are:

8N0 199 403 B comes up on the database as Support
N10 467 901 comes up as Bolt and you will need 2
N90 914 701 comes up as Riv Nut and you will need 2

There are also 2 washers your supposed to fit but the one that are supplied are too small.

Didn't jack the car up at all. The pic shows how much space I had to work in.
You will need a 16mm socket to do up the bolts and something to hold the brace in place when bolting it to the car (I used a small bottle jack place on its side)

Guide on how to fit the brace is here on SCN

Strut Braces - Front
Written by Pabs

thanks Rook...i am going into my Seat dealer on Friday to get my stereo sorted and pick up the LCR splitter...if i quote these parts will they be able to get them in?

and i am guessing the S3 strut brace is a vast improvement over the standard kit on my LC...if there is one fitted as standard?:)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.