P1297 Turbo to Throttle valve connection pressure loss / P1137 - Fuel trim too rich

trialsben

Had a few problems with my car wanting to cut out / trying to stall at lights and being well down on power. Had it scanned and it seemed the MAF was the culprit so i replaced it and it was better for a while although still not perfect. It has just started trying to cut out now and again though.
Had it re-scanned and the following codes came up,

P1297 - Turbo / Throttle valve connection pressure loss
P1137 - Fuel trim too rich

can anyone give me a few ideas of what this could be? I have checked the piping for boost leaks and it seems ok, have also replaced the replaced the dump valve although i'm not completely convinced that it's perfect. I'm guessing it might be the N75 boost control valve as the car seems to have a few flatspots in the boost and also seems to dump at strange times when it's not really expected. Any help would be much appreciated! :thumbup:

(The car is a 2001 Cupra 20vt with Superchip, cat back exhaust system, Pipercross air filter and forge dv)

Mr OCD

May 1, 2008
Manchester, UK
Had a few problems with my car wanting to cut out / trying to stall at lights and being well down on power. Had it scanned and it seemed the MAF was the culprit so i replaced it and it was better for a while although still not perfect. It has just started trying to cut out now and again though.
Had it re-scanned and the following codes came up,

P1297 - Turbo / Throttle valve connection pressure loss
P1137 - Fuel trim too rich

can anyone give me a few ideas of what this could be? I have checked the piping for boost leaks and it seems ok, have also replaced the replaced the dump valve although i'm not completely convinced that it's perfect. I'm guessing it might be the N75 boost control valve as the car seems to have a few flatspots in the boost and also seems to dump at strange times when it's not really expected. Any help would be much appreciated! :thumbup:

(The car is a 2001 Cupra 20vt with Superchip, cat back exhaust system, Pipercross air filter and forge dv)

Fuel trim issues are generally down to boost leaks... I'd be removing all the vac pipes and checking the lot ... :)

trialsben

Thanks for the reply mate. :D It does seem like a boost leak but surely if it was, the car would always be running badly and be down on power?
The problem seems very intermittent at the moment, it will be absolutely fine for a couple of days then really bad the next! Seems like its more of a control problem rather than just a split pipe or something? :think:

Proc

Dec 24, 2007
Sheffield
I've got the exact same codes on mine, except the diagnostic light goes on and off, was on for about a week then went off and has stayed off since. Was thinking it may be the DV as i had a similar problem when i first got the car and turned out to be the DV, which was replaced under warranty.

So was going to try a Forge one see if it helped, just waiting to get the cash, also thought about it being a split pipe but can't really see anything.

trialsben

The EML has been on & off a few times so it could be the same problem. Will have to have look into it, i've got a Forge Replica DV on atm and i've stripped it down and serviced it and it seems ok but i suppose it could be hard to tell if it's leaking or not. Just seems strange that it runs worst when sat at idle at the lights or something, seems strange that the DV would affect it like that. Thanks for the idea though.

Daves_ibiza

Im having similar issues aswell (same codes also). I have had the breather hose replaced as it was split and a hose onto the intercooler replaced as it was loose/damaged. This cured the problem until some "Spirited driving" at the weekend. Like yours it seems to drive fine untill you stop and then it idles rough with the revs fluctuating, occasionaly sounds like it wants to stall.

joesith

is the turbo to throttle valve a vaccum line??

ive got the same codes come up! i replaced maf with patent part seemed ok for a couple of weeks then yesterday happened again:cry: so just had a word with garage and they said they have had this a lot and they fixed prob with a genuine maf. as maf failure can also mess with fueling!
hence the other codes!!

ive ordered the new maf today and will let yu guys know the outcome.

im interested with this diverter valve, are they fitted as standard to all 1.8t's?????
are they common to failure?? and is the forge dv a direct replacement????:happy:

joesith

i put the new maf on earlier and is much more responsive:D
i maybe cause i changed the spark plugs as well!!!:happy:
found the diverter valve when doing the plugs and saw a split hose running to rocker cover, ordered a new hose, hope this will be problem solved!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.