Motorvogue Northampton

xpa

Dirty Derver
Oct 13, 2009
Milton Keynes
Hi guys,
To put it very bluntly Motorvogue in Northampton can suck my balls.
Seriously though they are terrible. After purchasing a car from MK and having no issues what so ever, I am sourly dissapointed in motorvogue seat, If i didnt like the car so much i would of given it back by now.
Basically, the sales person was just in the best way, an idiot. He thought he was giving the hard sell, even though I had a 58 sc in white and went there to look at an fr tdi. Car seemed in ok condition, apart from a broken sun visor. So after a couple of visits I purchased the car.
Since then I have had problems with the car, only for them all to be shrugged away. All the front and rear lights have condensation, im still waiting for the manual, the car wasnt serviced using seat parts like said, engine makes a very odd noise. There is other problems but i cant remember them all. The car has been in 4 times and is awaiting a 5th (if they ever email me....).
Overall Im not happy with their attitude and also their overall service.

Rant over

chryslerben

you right mate went in today to get a oil filter and even after coming out to see the vehicle and with the chassis number/reg the bloke still manage to screw up and give me the wrong one pathetic really

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
exactly the reason i steer clear of dealers, usually once they have your cash they don't want to know.

Personal experience.

Shame you have has that personal experiance, but dont tar us all with the same brush.

I went for a job at Motorvouge, they offered me the job but after a brief look around the workshop I said no ta and went to VW..lol

EdHorny

Loves his Boc.
Oct 12, 2008
Burntwood
Was the car an ex demonstrator or something, sounds like it's had a hard life already. I wasn't happy with my dealership (Barlows) I knew more about the Boc than them and a bloke at work had some fun with them when his Leon went wrong, techie has sorted my car out with great service. At least you've come on here and told us. Helps prevent us from having the hastle.

ED

xpa

Dirty Derver
Oct 13, 2009
Milton Keynes
No it was a 'approved' second hand. but i didnt get the 102 point check (its been misplaced....' So i think they knew there was a couple of things wrong with the car. And tbh I dont trust dealers now. Not taking it there for a service, and i dont think i ever buy from a dealer again....
And I would never take my car to a dealer for a service just to get overcharged with often poor labour, I already have a vag garage that i would much rather take my car too!

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
yep welcome to the club, check the other thread for various other rants about motorvogue being idiots, for dealer work, take it to MK Seat, other than that, i use ali @ unit 18 out by wellingborough for everything else who i would rate very highly

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
No it was a 'approved' second hand. but i didnt get the 102 point check (its been misplaced....' So i think they knew there was a couple of things wrong with the car. And tbh I dont trust dealers now. Not taking it there for a service, and i dont think i ever buy from a dealer again....
And I would never take my car to a dealer for a service just to get overcharged with often poor labour, I already have a vag garage that i would much rather take my car too!

Total-vag in Leighton Buzzard are also good. If Leighton Buzzard is too far, Inde-tech in Milton Keynes are also good.

Apr 23, 2010
Here
Should be picking mine up from Motorvogue on Friday, will let you know if there's any issues.

Hate reading these things after ordering:cry:

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Total-vag in Leighton Buzzard are also good. If Leighton Buzzard is too far, Inde-tech in Milton Keynes are also good.

Funny aint it

Unit18 Automotive - Northants - Run by Ali Dendy
Total VAG - Bucks - Run by Greig Brookes
Indetech - Bucks - Run by John Gilmore and Andy Davies

All of which I have worked with over the last 10 years at one dealer or another...lol

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
Funny aint it

Unit18 Automotive - Northants - Run by Ali Dendy
Total VAG - Bucks - Run by Greig Brookes
Indetech - Bucks - Run by John Gilmore and Andy Davies

All of which I have worked with over the last 10 years at one dealer or another...lol

lol telling really, all the best leave the dealers hmm, so when are you going solo?? :p

s15lvo

Apr 23, 2010
Edinburgh
Hi how did you get on?? I might be buying a car from there so your expirence would be good.

The sales man name begins with P

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
lol telling really, all the best leave the dealers hmm, so when are you going solo?? :p

I allready did, I set up U18 with Ali and prety sure I fitted your cruise control ;)

Personal circumstances changed though and I moved out of the area.