EML / EPC lights

Dec 20, 2023
hi all, looking to purchase a 2020 1.0 Ateca.
Dealership said the EML light is on because it needed a service, they've done the service but not updated the software.

I thought a service light would be on? not the EML?

Also, EPC light on, possibly linked to the menu showing a faut with stop start.

Test drove it, no power in 3,4,5,6 gears, though plenty of punch in the first 2.

Is this limp mode?

Tell

Staff member
It feels like it is. You'd photograph those lights and see what the manual says online.

I've had limp home mode on my Altea once when the turbo boost pipe blew off where the duff dealer had stuck it on with glue since they broke the clip during service and had none. That was a useless Seat dealer now out of business.

Dont' buy that car until the warning lights are sorted and another test drive. They are classified as

- can drive but see a dealer
- don't drive

Where you'd need to do that cross check with the manual.

If its a DSG the DQ200 gear box has to be treated with respect by a previous owner not trying to get additional power out of a 1.0 litre engine. Ditto 1.5 litre. Hopefully it was a little old lady that previously owned it. The DQ200 is suppose to be fine on 1.0 litre engines been OK on the Arona.

Suspect the dealer doesn't know how to sort out the warning lights or the service department hadnt got round to it before the test drive.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise