Mo's Mk1 Leon Cupra - THE END....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
__CURRENT SPECIFICATION:__________________________________________________________________________________

Engine

Last generation AUQ engine, twin prong under inlet manifold
Jetex / JR Massive filter
3" Cold Air Feed from front fog
Creation Motorosports Turbo Intake Pipe TIP
Forge 007p Black Diverter Valve with Yellow spring
Complete n249 Removal with resistor fitted
Complete PCV Removal
Toyosports FMIC, Replaced blue silicon with upgraded Black silicon, fitted to perfection
Toyosports Oil Catch Can with High Grade oil hoses
Replaced loads of pipes / hoses with upgraded Black silicon
Custom one off DV Relocation
4 Bar Bosch Fuel Pressure Regulator
Front Upper Strut Brace
Rear Strut Brace

ECU Engine Management & Remap

From a Revo Stage 1 to Standard map, from standard to 'Stealth Racing' custom Stage 2 by Vince, done live on roller's mapped to Shell V-Power and 02 sensor & De-Cat error delete. Fuelling & Timing tweaked by Vince for the extra torque which turned out to be a utter sh1te map..... then came Niki the legend @ R---TECH who remapped it to his Stage 2 map with launch control!

Exterior

Replaced pre-facelift front and rear bumpers with facelift bumpers
Cupra R splitter
Fabia rear wiper
De-badged rear
Citroen stubby Ariel
SeatCupra.net stickers each side
Team Heko Wind Deflectors
6000K Slim Ballast HID's
Colour coded outer door side strips
Face-lift Cupra side skirts
Bosch Aero Wipers
Painted front brake callipers gloss black
Painted rear brake callipers gloss back

Interior

Replaced black dials with white facelift dials
Replace standard head-unit with a high spec Sony MP3 player with external USB input
Removed 6 Disc changer, seriously who still buys and listens to audio cd's ?!!
Replace CD Changer with glove box
Swoosh 7 colour 1.5 Bar boost gauge
Re-done door handles gloss black
Door handles done in carbon
Centre console done in carbon
Odd bits of carbon wrapping here and there

Suspension & Wheels

Ibiza Bocanegra limited edition 17" gun metal grey alloy wheels - THE FIRST TO DO THIS !!!!!!!!! now it's on standard Starfish alloys
JOM Coilovers, to the ground on the rear, front about 55mm
20mm Rear Hubcentric Spacers
15mm Front Hubcentric Spacers
Painted front brake calipers gloss black
Painted rear brake calipers gloss black

Exhaust 'Hybrid' Set-Up

3" Turbo Back Down Pipe
2.5" Pure De-Cat
02 Senor Angle Fix
3" Custom 6x4 Oval Back-box by Torqueflow mated to a Milltek non-res centre section

Things I have but have not yet fitted

BIG TURBO
BIGGER INTERCOOLER
STUFF ;)

__PROGRESS FROM START....:___________________________________________________________________________________

Hello everyone!

Think it's time for me to do a project thread, well reader's rides as you guy's put it here. I've already made a introduction thread so I won't go in to much detail about myself, but names Mo, hail from good ol' Brum, This is my Black Mk1 Phase 1 (Pre-facelift) Leon Cupra as I bought it:

16052010868-1.jpg

16052010863-1.jpg

16052010855-1.jpg

16052010862-1.jpg

UN-molested, for how long?!

very clean example, full Seat dealer service history, 2 owners from new, 2nd one being a motorway police officer (whom I purchased it from), car was standard apart from a K&N panel filter and a remap (Unknown, but seemed pretty aggressive), it had been looked after well and maintained well. :)

Being my first VAG base car, I knew nothing about them until I discovered this forum :clap: so began the bug.....

First thing I changed was the standard Bosch diverter valve to one of these:

IMAG0202.jpg

A universal recirculating diverter valve / dump valve / bov, what ever you want to call it, it works perfectly

Secondly I installed the all essential boost gauge to monitor what the turbo is doing:

16052010886-1.jpg

11062010960.jpg

A red smoked boost gauge, near perfect match to original dash instrument cluster lights if I say so myself, does the job well and looks pretty :funk:

Last edited:

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
Next up was the air filter, wanted to hear the DV a bit more and to be honest, you can't beat the roar of a nice open cone air filter, so I fitted one of these, a large open cone filter with a smaller breather filter:

12062010968-1-1.jpg

Instantly felt a wee more kick from the cupra but I wasn't happy with the over all install the filter was wobbling all over the place, causing the MAF to go crazy, so I purchased 70mm silicone hose and a 70mm hose pipe, and I made a bracket for it, oh also removed the bottom part of the original air box while in the process:

IMAG0101-1-1.jpg

Not super tidy, but hey I didn't say I was a professional, it's still all work in progress

After a short while I noticed a pipe was ripped, namely this one:

12062010968-1-2.jpg

Apparently common on these engines so I replaced it with an upgraded one:

IMAG0099-1.jpg

Job well done, looks nice too, I think I may upgrade most the essential pipes to silicone ones in the near future

16052010878-1.jpg

Yeah that's my mug inside

16052010883-1.jpg

You think?!!

16052010874-1.jpg

Nice ain't it?

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
My current engine bay:

IMAG0102.jpg

You can't eat off of it, but it does the job!

A closer look at my DV and where I put the t piece for the boost gauge:

IMAG0100.jpg

After reading through some threads, I figured this is the best place to put it.

Shortly after I done my Fabia rear wiper conversion:

IMAG0112.jpg

Wanting a bit more grunt, I invested in a 3" downpipe and 2.5" de-cat:

Top quality item, well made, perfect welds:

IMAG0119.jpg

De-cat:

IMAG0118.jpg

Nice eh?

Last edited:

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
To Finnish the system off, a 2.5" mandrel bent cat-back system, originally designed for a mk4 vw golf:

VW-Mk-4-18-turbo-exhaust.jpg

The back-box hanger bracket had to be cut and re welded, the tailpipes had to be cut, extension re-welded and angled:

IMAG0136.jpg

Other then this, a really good fit:

IMAG0137.jpg

IMAG0117.jpg

Sounds beautiful, and looks the balls imo, tailpipes are different but that's a good, never seen em before on any car and suite it well, I'm happy put it this way!:

IMAG0110.jpg

IMAG0115-1.jpg

IMAG0113.jpg

:cartman:

Last edited:

Murdered LCR

Wide mouthed mofo
Sep 9, 2006
Murder Inc.
Keep an eye on that e bay valve Wayne had one the seals fell apart after a few months ,Also you should t off the fpr instead of the dv it gets a better Reading , looks clean tho exhaust looks great

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
Removed the DV today to investigate claims above:

IMAG0159.jpg

Seemed perfectly fine to me

IMAG0161.jpg

The Rings:

IMAG0160.jpg

All prefect, had it on the car for over 1 month now with no problems at all, changed the spring today to a green one as it had a blue one in there, only came with yellow, blue and red springs.

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
This arrived today (super quick delivery, thanks to 'oldskool'):

IMAG0155.jpg

IMAG0158.jpg

Haven't fitted it yet because I want to mount it neatly so gathering everything I need before I do.

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
Removed the DV and fitted a green spring as it had a blue one in there, tidied it up a little using cable ties instead of jubilee clips to hold the hoses to and from the t piece.

IMAG0165.jpg

Improved the bracket for the current air filter, well it was an excuse to use the Dremel! adjusted cold air feed

Before:

IMAG0101-1-1.jpg

After:

IMAG0163.jpg

Can you notice the difference?

Last edited:

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
not the forge springs, the springs that came with it, came with blue, yellow and red, blue was already in there!?! seemed to run fine with the blue spring, replaced it with the yellow one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.